How many of the ten Best Picture nominees have you seen?

GasLand is freaky as hell. If you live in the Northeast, you might want to take a pass.

EDIT: I see you’re in Chicago. I’d say check it out, but using the same logic I’d suggest you avoid Waterlife. heh. Seems like no matter where you live, there’s a documentary out there to scare the shit out of you.

Gasland came and went before I had a chance to see it. If the Gene Siskel Film Center, where it played before, brings it back before the Oscars, I’ll go see it.

:confused: You can’t go see the movies you want to see by yourself?

3 of ten as of now, but planning on seeing all ten.

I’ve seen:

The Social Network
Toy Story 3
The Kids are Alright

Going to see the King’s Speech this weekend and probably will rent Inception as well.

I voted wrong - I have seen Inception and Toy Story 3. I can’t believe they couldn’t find a better movie than Inception to nominate, so I missed it.

Regards,
Shodan

Or did you just see it once, and dream about it four times? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think The King’s Speech will probably win, although I personally liked Inception the most of the films I’ve seen. Just my opinion, but I think there was a very good crop of nominees this year … I wouldn’t mind if the winner were drawn out of a hat (although I’d probably leave Toy Story 3 and The Kids Are All Right out of that hat … very, very good movies, but I personally wouldn’t put them up for best of the year).

As of right now, I’ve seen none of them. I’ll catch Black Swan as soon as it’s on DVD. I’m really interested to see Mila in a serious role.* Of the rest, I’m sure I’ll get around to some of them over the next 2 or 3 years but none of them are jumping out at me.
Part of the reason for that is having a TiVo. One of the things I learned when I got it was that since I don’t see commercials anymore, I have no idea what’s in theaters (and what to watch for on Netflix).

*Before anyone says anything, I’m sure she’s done serious things, but all I can think off is That 70’s Show, Family Guy and Date Night.

Same here. I’m just excited to be part of the 10 club.

Eight out of ten; still need to see Toy Story 3 and The Social Network.

Not on my budget, not really. If I had really really wanted to see them, I could have insisted, but these were just ‘want to see’ movies, and not ‘must see’ movies for me.

Zero. And I’ve only heard of 8 of them.

Zero, although Inception is in my Netflix queue. I’ll probably see The King’s Speech eventually, and possibly True Grit. Not much interest in the rest.

Six. I see that Toy Story is on-demand now, so will likely take a look soon.

So far we’ve seen Inception, The Social Network, and True Grit. Some friends of mine are doing that AMC showcase thing, but even I can only do so many movie marathons.

All 10, first time I’d already seen all the nominees when they were actually nominated. Seen 18 of the 20 acting performances.

8 out of 10. I’m missing Winter’s Bone (which is queued up to watch as soon as my wife is up for what I imagine to be a somewhat bleak movie) and 127 Hours. The Social Network would be my choice from those I’ve seen thus far, but I ultimately think The King’s Speech will take it.

At present, I’ve seen 5 of them. I hope to increase that by at least 2-3 before the awards ceremony.

I’ve seen 8 so far; I’m just missing Winter’s Bone and 127 Hours. WB is next in my Netflix queue (as soon as I manage to watch The Town), so that won’t be a problem. 127 Hours is not playing around here anymore, but I hope they re-release it nearby before the Oscar telecast as I’ve heard they are planning.

Only Toy Story, but I think The Social Network is playing at the campus second-run right now, so I might see that, too.

0 of 10 as of today, but I’ll have 10 of 10 by Oscar night, thanks to the AMC Best Picture Showcase.

127 Hours - Didn’t have a lot of interest in this until the nomination. The subject matter kind of squicks me out, but I’m interested in seeing Franco’s performance.
Black Swan - Purposely avoided it knowing it would get nominated and I’d see it during the Showcase.
The Fighter - Purposely avoided it knowing it would get nominated and I’d see it during the Showcase.
Inception - Actually didn’t interest me when it came out. Looked like a Matrix re-tread. But I’ll watch with an open mind.
The Kids are All Right - Might have checked it out when it hit cable, but I wouldn’t have gone out of my way to see it.
The King’s Speech - Purposely avoided it knowing it would get nominated and I’d see it during the Showcase.
The Social Network - Wanted to see this when it came out; never got around to it. Glad I have the chance now.

Toy Story 3 - Wanted to see this when it came out; never got around to it. Glad I have the chance now.

True Grit - Wanted to see this when it came out; never got around to it. Glad I have the chance now.*
Winter’s Bone - Never heard of it until the nomination. Trying to avoid finding out anything about it.

I was really hoping The Town would get a nomination; that’s the only film up for a major acting award that I’ll wish I’d seen by the ceremony (I might catch it next weekend if it’s at the Redbox). I have no inerest in *Blue Valentine * or Rabbit Hole. Animal Kingdom looks interesting but I can wait.

*Due to a number of factors, I didn’t get to as many movies as I usually do in 2010, especially the second half of the year.

I’ve seen all except for Winter’s Bone. The only place I had even heard of that film (before the nominations) was on this board.