How many of the ten Best Picture nominees have you seen?

Or did I dream about it once, but go five levels deep?

I’m a pretty unsophisticated movie watcher. The shows I watch rarely get an oscar nod.

I’ve seen:

Winter’s Bone
The Kings Speech
True Grit
Inception

Listed in the order I liked them.

9/10. Haven’t seen 127 Hours, really don’t want to.

I’ve seen nine, excepting only Toy Story 3.

Of those other nine, my personal ranking would be:

The Social Network
Winter’s Bone
The King’s Speech
True Grit
The Fighter
127 Hours
Inception
Black Swan
The Kids Are All Right

The last three would not have been nominated, if it had been up to me. And my favorite movie of the year was The Town, which didn’t even get nominated.

Only The Kids Are All Right, and it wasn’t great.

I sort of suspect it was nominated more for its politics than for any particular merit as a film.

(And I don’t particularly disagree with its political point. I just don’t think it’s anything more than a mediocre movie.)

It literally had no plot. Plus Julianne Moore makes for a horrible lesbian; I think by nature she’s just a very sexy hetero woman.

True Grit and the Fighter. two

None. Par for the course for me these days.

I really should get out more.

I’ve seen three so far - “Black Swan”, “Inception” and “Winter’s Bone”. Seeing “The King’s Speech” tomorrow night and “The Kids are All Right” is in my Netflix queue. Not particularly interested in any of the others, though I always feel left out on Oscar night when I haven’t seen some of the nominees. I agree that “The Town” should have been nominated.

Just saw Biutiful. Wow. Though it was nominated for best foreign language film, I really think it should be on the Best Picture list. It’s a masterpiece of the art form, IMHO. Powerful movie, with an amazing performance by Javier Bardem.

Just got back from The Fighter. Outstanding cast and Christian Bale deserves the supporting actor Oscar. Man, those sisters were just hysterically funny.

OK, just saw Toy Story 3 --in 3D no less. Can’t believe there’s a theater where it’s still showing. A sweet, heartstring-tugging story, as I expected. (The 3D, by the way, seemed almost like an afterthought. You’re not missing much if you see it in 2D. The opening action sequence is the only one that uses it to full effect.)

The revised rankings:

The Social Network
Winter’s Bone
The King’s Speech
True Grit
The Fighter
Toy Story 3
127 Hours
Inception
Black Swan
The Kids Are All Right

Having just finished The Kids are All Right, I’m now at 6.

I saw that last night and agree wholeheartedly with you in every respect. I’m so happy that Bardem received the nomination, but depressed that he’s not going to win when his performance is miles, MILES above everyone else, and I really really like everyone else. Oh god I hope it wins Best Foreign Language film though.

I’ve seen:

The Fighter
Winter’s Bone
Toy Story 3
The King’s Speech
True Grit
Inception

I still want to see Black Swan, and I still intend to see The Social Network before the Oscars, but the other two (The Kids are All Right and 127 Hours) don’t interest me at all.

Make that four, since we saw The King’s Speech tonight. The story was predictable but it was well made and Firth and Rush were very good. It’s not a better movie than The Social Network. It’s going to win Best Picture, though, based on trends and the fact that it’s the type of movie Oscar voters just love to vote for. I think we’ll see Black Swan soon. I’m not sure how interested I am in the others, or how easy it will be to find them outside of that AMC showcase.

The ones I’ve seen:

The Fighter - Great film but nothing too special.
Inception - Awesome concept and great visuals.
The King’s Speech - Great acting and dialogue.
The Social Network - Great dialogue and contemporary.
Toy Story 3 - Made me tear up at the end. Perhaps the greatest conclusion to a trilogy.

Sorry. Liar liar - I haven’t seen Toy Story 3 and probably never will. So my 10 should be a 9.