How many of the ten Best Picture nominees have you seen?

I’ve seen 8 of 10 (still need to see True Grit and Black Swan).

For reference:

127 Hours
Black Swan
The Fighter
Inception
The Kids are All Right
The King’s Speech
The Social Network
Toy Story 3
True Grit
Winter’s Bone
mmm

I’ve seen two, Inception and Black Swan. A third, Toy Story 3, is sitting in my DVD player, waiting to be watched.

Seen Toy Story 3. I’ll probably see Inception at some point, but it’s not likely I’ll see any of the others.

Seven of the ten. 127 Hours hasn’t opened in Australia yet, but I will definitely see it when it does.

True Grit has just opened and I plan to see it in the next few days.

The Fighter opened last week but I just can’t get enthusiastic about it.

All the rest I’ve seen and loved. It’s been a good year.

I’ve seen only one: Toy Story 3

Nowadays, with a baby son, it’s really difficult to get out of the house to see a movie.

Just three so far: Inception, Winter’s Bone, and True Grit. I will eventually see Black Swan, The Social Network, 127 Hours, and possibly Toy Story 3 and The King’s Speech.

Five,

Inception
The King’s Speech
The Social Network
Toy Story 3
True Grit

I’ll probably see Black Swan before, but haven’t yet. More than usual and the most since they expanded to ten nominees. Back in the “five” days it was typically two or three.

Three:

Toy Story 3
True Grit
and The Social Network

I’ll likely be seeing Black Swan and Inception soon but it’ll probably be a while before I see any of the others, if ever.

Four:

Toy Story 3
True Grit
Inception
Social Network
Inception was clearly the best of that group, I thought.

Seen all of them. But I’m a piker compared to Equipoise who sees everything nominated in every category if possible.

Got seven under my belt right now. Winters Bone is sitting on my dining room table, waiting for a snow-shoveling and work-free day. 127 Hours and Black Swan are both playing in my town, and I plan to get to them in the next two weeks. So … that’ll be all ten!

My wife and I used to try to see all the movies with big nominees … Best Picture, Actor, Actress, Supporting, Director … but then we had kids. They’re finally in college, so yay, movies!

I could have written this myself, Jocko.
mmm

I saw Inception and Toy Story 3 in the theatre. I have The Kids Are Alright and The Social Network on DVD but I haven’t watched them yet.

Everything but the cartoon, one a day for the past couple weeks. Really helps with comparing and contrasting them.

none

I haven’t watched any of them. The only ones I’d consider watching are Toy Story 3 and Inception.

This year I’d seen all the movies nominated in “regular movie” categories (meaning, every category except for Foreign-language, Documentary and all the Shorts) except for Animal Kingdom (Best Supporting Actress nominee Jacki Weaver), Biutiful (Best Actor nominee Javier Bardem) and Country Strong (Best Original Song “Coming Home”). Of the 5 Documentary nominees, I’d seen 3 (missed Gasland and Restrepo when they played). I unfortunately haven’t seen any of the Foreign-Language films, which is really terrible considering I saw 329 movies in the theater last year. I have to do better this year.

**I’ve seen:
Inception
The Social Network
Toy Story 3
True Grit

Would like to see:
The Fighter
Winter’s Bone
Ambivalent / not interested in:
127 Hours
Black Swan
The Kids are All Right
The King’s Speech

Of the four I’ve seen, I’d vote for True Grit but enjoyed them all.

I’m not an Anglophile and really think royals are over blown. I’ve read very mixed things about Black Swan. The Kids are All Right just seemed bad from the trailers, so it would probably exceed my expectations.

Zero. I tend to watch movies years or decades after they come out (my favorites were made in the 30s and 40s). I do plan on seeing “127 Hours” though, because of my personal experience in that location.

So what do I put if I’ve only seen Inception, but I’ve seen it five times?

It does seem kind of odd - I see a lot of movies, but I’ve only seen one of the nominees, even though they have ten in recent years.

Of the rest, I would have seen 127 Hours, Black Swan, and The Social Network, but my movie partner didn’t want to. I’d probably catch The Kids and Toy Story 3 on cable. Don’t really have much interest in Fighter, King’s Speech, True Grit, or Winter’s Bone. Winter’s Bone in fact I haven’t even heard of. My movie partner did express interest in Toy Story but I wasn’t in the mood for it.