How many people here have never knowingly had COVID?

I hope I’m not the only one.

Wait! What?
You mean you had it and didn’t know?

How did you find out, you had it? Is there a test for that?

Or you never knew anyone who got it?
I’m confused.

(I kinda hope anyone who has it knows so they can try to prevent spreading it. Please)

Just what I said. I never displayed any symptoms so I never tested. So, if I got it, I didn’t know.

I’ve some how managed to avoid it, or if I’ve had it, it was non-symptomatic. How I avoided it, I don’t know. I sit in very close quarters for 40+ hours a week with someone that’s had it multiple times. And when I’m not in that tiny office with him, I’m in a retail environment* with lots of people. Many of whom were proudly anti-vaxxers, to the point that I had to say way too many times to way too many people “I don’t care, even if you aren’t sick, I still don’t want you coughing on me”.

But, at least before I got the first vaccine, I still wasn’t showing any antibodies (antigens?), and I’m assuming I haven’t had it since then.

*Grocery store type retail environment, so we were never subject to any closures. In fact, during the beginning of the lockdowns, we were busier than we’d been in probably 2 decades.

If I’ve had it, I haven’t noticed.

I, too have been in close proximity of peeps who’ve had it. And around the anti-vaxed!

My wife tests constantly, and she’s a school teacher. She’s never gotten it. I had it once travelling with her, she didn’t catch it even after being in the house together for two days before I tested positive.

As far as I know I have never had Covid-19. But during the same period I have had two colds and recently influenza, so it’s not like I’ve been good at avoiding contagious viruses.

Oh. Ok. I’ve never had it.
I’m all vaxxed up and still practice distancing and masking. I get tested regularly at the dialysis clinic.

You can get an antibody test to see if you had it, but I think they become unreliable not too terribly long after infection.

My first known case wasn’t until a few weeks ago.

I got pretty sick with Covid symptoms in early 2023 but the tests came back negative. The problem I guess is that the symptoms for Covid are similar to a lot of other sicknesses.

Then what are you doing here!?? I cast the out! (Hope you’re better)

Yeah, I wasn’t really sick in that time, luckily.

I never had Covid so far, and if I did, I did not notice.
But I have been sneezing all day today!

I’ve never tested positive for it. I’ve tested when I’ve felt sick, and that’s never been it.

My wife tested positive, and I isolated when that happened, testing frequently, but I never tested positive at that time. I’m assuming that I must have had some prior exposure to get immunity beyond the vaccine, but if I did it didn’t cause symptoms.

Is it possible certain people are non-symptomatic to it, even if exposed multiple times?

Mr. Burns’ Voice

In-destructible…

My wife and I have had many of the main symptoms over the last few years and have tested ourselves maybe 20 times, but the tests always came out negative.

Your title isn’t grammatically correct, and it confused me, too. “How many people here have never knowingly had COVID?” would be clearer.

Oh, crud.

Can I change it myself?

No, alas; however, you can report the thread to a mod and ask for the title to be fixed.