How many shaves do you get of your disposable razor?

Clark Howard is one cheap mofo. He probably separates his two-ply toilet paper into one ply rolls to make it last longer.

Personally, I use a Mach3 Turbo, and I get about 2-3 weeks out of it, with daily shaves against the grain on a fairly decent beard. To me the secret to a good shave is as much in the cream you are using as in the blade. I use Jack Black Beard Lube.

It usually lasts me about six months or so. I shave every few days and even then it isn’t like I have a beard or anything. I have a really boyish face (I’ll be 25 this year but people think I’m around 20).

I’ve got the Gillette uber stupidblade system that vibrates. About the same time I did that, I grew a beard…they’ve lasted an awful long time (and I need to update my picture on the gallery thread).

I remember that somebody was selling a very expensive fluid that was supposed to keep your razor blades sharp-you were supposed to submerge your blade in it-it was a product that didn’t make it.
Of course, I keep my blades under a patented pyramid-the energy keeps the blade sharp!

I have a horrible history with cartridge razors, and worse with disposables. A while back, I switched to a traditional safety razor. Even though I only get three shaves from each blade, that are three very good shaves (the first is the closest, the second most comfortable, the third more than adequate, but a fourth just feels dangerous). And, having bought a 100-pack of blades for about $9, and only needing to shave once every two or three days, I am shaving on about 9¢ a week.

I have a very thin beard and can use a razor for months - but now I make a habit of throwing them away at the first of each month.

Quatro titanium is the stuff. I find the first shave is a bit scary, but after that they last longer than anything else I’ve ever tried.

“they just don`t get any duller, after a while.”

I have a Quattro, and I think I’ve been using the same blade for well over a year now. I’ve just been too lazy to go out and buy a new one. Sure, it’s gotten a bit duller, but three passes and it’s just fine. I obviously don’t have particularly thick facial hair, but it’s not that fine, either.

Of course they want you to change the blade before it’s actually dull. That way you buy more blades as quickly as possible. Ignore the color coded strip, just shave until it’s yanking away at your face then change it.

I have a Gillette Fat Boy with the double edged razor blades, I love it. I used to buy the generic Kroger double edged razor blades and I’d get maybe 5 shaves out of them before they were dull. However, I use the same blade for my face and for Big Jim and the Twins, so I’m shaving more area than my face at a time. I switched to Derby razor blades and I’ll get about 10 shaves before I decide it’s time to swap them out.

I use my Fat Boy (or one of my 3 Superspeeds, or one of the 3 other double-edged safety razors I inherited) fairly often as well.

They work the best, but sometimes in the morning, I’m not nearly so with it, so I stick with the yellow & white bics, because it’s harder to cut myself when I’m in a sleepy fog.

I get about 5 shaves out of a double-edged blade before it becomes noticeably different. I can still shave with it, but it’s not as close and not as comfortable.

Paradoxically, the first shave is never the best one on a new blade. I suppose there’s some degree of dulling that’s necessary or something.

I use Gillette Good News disposables. I generally get 4 shaves out of one blade. Sometimes I can only get 2 decent shaves sometimes 6.

Onion news
this might be nsfw