How many signed both the DoI and the Bill of Rights?

How many signers also became presidents or justices?

Just askin’ )

Peace
r~

Shall I assume you mean the signers of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States (and not the Bill of Rights)?

Signers of the DeclarationShort Bios

Framers of the Constitution (signers indicated in the table) – Even shorter bios

You do the math.

:smiley:

It looks like four:

Delaware: George Read
Pennsylvania: Robert Morris, Benjamin Franklin, James Wilson

I assume by the Bill of Rights you mean the Constitution; the actual Bill of Rights were amendments to the Constitution and as such weren’t really signed by anybody.

Here’s the people who signed the Declaration of Independance and the Constitution.

George Clymer, Benjamin Franklin, Robert Morris, George Read, Roger Sherman, and James Wilson signed both documents. Two future Presidents signed the Declaration; John Adams and Thomas Jefferson. Two future Presidents signed the Constitution; George Washington and James Madison.

Robert Morris, George Clymer, Benjamin Franklin, James Wilson, James Rutledge and Roger Sherman signed both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. None became president.

Roger Sherman also signed the Continental Association of 1774, the Articles of Confederation, and over seven hundred baseballs. Many contemporaries suspected that Sherman was in fact illiterate but was too embarassed to ask to have things read to him. As a result of his indiscriminate signing of anything put in front of him, Sherman’s autograph is worth only pennies today.

The link between the inalienable rights DoI and the Bill of Rights seem very strong to me. That is what I am trying to determine.

Thanks to all.

r~

Jefferson (Declaration) and Madison (Bill of Rights) were both from Virginia. That clue alone should aid you in your search.

Maybe, but the Bill of Rights really consists of the first ten amendments and nobody signed them in the same way the the Declaration and the Constitution were signed.

As an added note. James Wilson of Pennsylvania signed both and also became a Supreme Court Justice.