How many working TVs in your home?

And how many of you tv owners need a license to view content on your goggle-boxes?

I am now officially embarrassed to say nine.

My house: one, most commonly occupied by my housesitter’s console. When I’m there and Mom isn’t, it’s not on.

My rented apartment: the computer monitor is a TV. Unless you count its use as a monitor as “one TV being on”, no TVs on at any time unless there’s visits or Pamplona’s bullruns are on (next week!). The previous renters had three TVs, no idea how many would they have on at the same time; there are antenna plugs in the living room, the kitchen and both bedrooms and for some strange reason the one in the living room is in a completely stupid spot (you need to either set the TV in the middle of the straight line between the two doors, clip the cable over one of the doors or have it in the way).

Mom’s: she has one TV, which is on if someone is watching it.

Middlebro: one TV in the kitchen, one in the living room. They are on only if someone is watching and never both at the same time.

Littlebro: one TV, rarely on.

No licenses required in Spain.

We have three so we can watch TV sitting down, lying down, or propped up.

Bur 3 DVRs so we can record up to 6 programs at a time.

and at least one is on from 6 AM to 12 midnight every single day.

1 is hardly ever used. The other is on half the day and I’m not the one watching it. Half of the time it is on nobody is watching it, but I get bitched at for turning it off, so I don’t.
They are both old standard tv’s with an antenna fed converter box.

We have 2, a normal sized one in the living room and a projection unit in the media room. Both have satellite service and DVD players hooked up, and the one in the media room has a Wii. I flatly refuse to have one in the bedroom–there was a ceiling mount in our bedroom left by the previous owner, and I took it down before the moving van had left the driveway. There’s only two of us in the house, so it’s typically either one or two of us watching a set. We have both sets fired up about once a week when one of us is watching something and the other wants to watch something else or play games on the Wii.

What about older kids who want to play DVDs or video games? It sure made it easier on my ears when I didn’t have Halo wars in my living room anymore. :stuck_out_tongue:

We have six:

57 inch Sony HD rear projection (My office/cave - DirecTV/XBOX 360)
46 inch Sony Bravia HD LED Flat Panel (Den - DirecTV/PS3)
56 inch Sony SD rear projection (Son’s bedroom - Cable/Wii)
32 inch Sony SD (Master bedroom - Cable)
20 inch Samsung (Daughter’s bedroom, PS2 only)
13 inch Sony SD (Kitchen - Cable)

I guess we are covered from an entertainment perspective. :slight_smile:

5 right now but we’re looking to get another soon to upgrade the main. The old will probably then be Wii only since Uverse charges per set.
Home theatre in the living room and up in the game room, a couple of Trinitrons in the master and guest bedrooms and a portable that is shared between the exercise room and the kid’s room.
There are 3 of us and 2 will be on sometimes but I try and make sure no more than that.

2.5. One upstairs, one downstairs, and a 1956 Philco Diamond in the guest room that gets sound but no picture. Also has no cable converter, so I guess now it doesn’t even get that. So I guess two.

None. I moved cross country about a year a go and decided not to haul my big heavy TV with me. Since then I haven’t had the spare cash to buy a new one.

It’s complicated.

We’ve officially only got one TV and it’s rarely on. However we both have cable cards in our PC’s so he can watch sports and I can watch bad reality TV. We are each terminally bored with the others choice of programs. I am generally playing EQ2 while watching though - I can’t just sit and watch.

Let’s see. Five. One in the Main/Living Room. One in the kitchen. Master bed and then an old one in the guest room. And one in the exercise/workout room.

We are on satellite and only have the one box, so you can’t have different
stations on different TV’s. That OK though, my Wife and I have the same tastes.

If you want to change channels, you have to do it on the main TV.

Often two will be on at once. Usually the kitchen and the main room. Happens when we are preparing dinner.

We rarely watch any of the popular shows. Never seen Buffy or any of that stuff. Don’t watch enough to keep up with it. And we sure won’t make an ‘appointment’ with the TV to watch a specific show. Nope, we don’t have Tivo or whatever.

We might sit down to watch a specific movie once a month. But usually only on a weekend night after a real long day or during crappy weather.

Five, and we’re about to buy another. However, if my husband were to die suddenly (Og forbid), we’d be down to none by the weekend.

We’re having a bit of a conflict at the moment because the TV we’re about to buy is a replacement for one of the old models, and my thirteen year old is lobbying to have the old one put in his room. He swears up and down that he won’t watch it much, and the other kids have TVs in their rooms. I feel that I’m being unfair to him if I say no, but I just can’t bring myself to say yes either. (I’m okay with the one in my daughter’s room because she literally doesn’t watch it at all. The other kid keeps his TV on 24/7, but he’s not mine, so whatever).

Two. The main one with the surround sound/entertainment center/etc etc etc in the living room, and then one in the second bedroom/office so that I can watch sports or CNBC, or she can watch bad reality TV or NCIS re-runs while we’re working. So there’s one on if we’re both in either room, and both are on if we’re split between the two.

Three…

One in the front room, one in the master bedroom and one in my son’s room. The Kiddo’s tv is not hooked up to cable, though. He just uses it for video games and dvds. They are all at least 8 yrs old and not very big. I’d love to get a new flat panel tv, for the front room, but it’s just not in the budget.

Living room: 1
Master bedroom: 1 + 1 computer monitor that could function as a TV if I chose
2nd bedroom/home office: 1 + 1 computer monitor that yadda yadda

3, or 5. Depending on how you count.

I live alone.

For two adults in the house:

The 58" TV is in the family room.
A “smallish” 30" TV is in the bedroom.
My desk is graced by a comparatively tiny 19" or so TV.

We have more computer monitors than TVs.

All of the TVs are LCD or plasma and all are hooked up to HD satellite service. The 58" monster also hosts the blu-ray player and Wii.

It’s funny how when Generations X and Y were growing up, a 25" TV was a **BIG **TV. Now, it’s little.

We had two unused TV sets in our basement. We recently gave them to charity. One used to be in my apartment before we moved in together 10 years ago and the other my mom brought with her when she stayed with us before our daughter was born in November. She really wanted one for the kitchen.

And I just remembered - we actually have two televisions, but I’ve never turned on the one downstairs in the guest room, which is in the finished basement. My mom bought that one when she visited, too. She hates to be without a TV on and, since we refused to get another for her (she was visiting for about 3 weeks), she went out and bought her own to keep downstairs in addition to the one she brought for the kitchen (which was fortunately never hooked up because she forgot about it; when we brought it to her attention, she said she didn’t like it for her bedroom, which confused me, but that’s another thread altogether).

Thanks for all the responses, by the way!

3 but only 2 are hooked up. And I don’t have cable so I don’t watch TV. Thus there is really no reason to leave a TV on when someone is not there. I have lots and lots of DVDs, though, and my TV watching time is usually spent on video games.