How much are gays and lesbians protected from drama?

I always thought gays loved drama. Or at least musicals.

Most lesbian beers are O’Doul’s because at some point or another we all have to get sober.

~ tapu, former bartender at The Flame, San Diego

Musicals have sucked since Tommy Tune died.

And those are just for gay men anyway.

We do Poetry Slams!!

All beers are lesbian? I know a few people who’ll be happy to hear that.

Human sexuality is a spectrum, not a binary. It’s entirely possible that a gay person and a straight person could have sex if the circumstances were right.

It means she likes to go in the slot.

IMO and from the posting history of the OP, it is Diamonds02 who enjoys drama, and probably gets a kick out of stirring it up. The interest in different reactions like why do the men, women, gays, straights, behave in this way?.. seems like some secondary questions that she brings up after the drama has been set in motion.

And she might consider protecting herself from the drama (if she is not welcoming it) by not starting it or seeking it out in the first place, rather then wax on as to why it occurs around her, and then wonder about gay/straight human nature explanations.

That’s not what I’m saying. What I’m saying is that people judge behavior, and some of those people find that of you and your friends to be jerkish. Just like you find some people’s behavior to be jerkish regardless of their gender or orientation.

You really had me there for a moment.

Mops brow after mad sprint to wikipedia to confirm that Tommy Tune still lives.

I wouldn’t want to be the token anything in a social circle.

You aren’t as gay as you think you are.

The Aristocrats?

I miss so much.
All the gays in my “circles” seem to also be married professionals and about fifty years old. Almost all the straights are also married professionals about fifty years old. We are mostly past generating drama unless somebody is getting a divorce.
We get our drama from watching our kids make asses of themselves.

Are you saying all lesbians are alcoholics?

Humor by hyperbole. Offshoot of “all beers are lesbians.”

WHAT?? Tommy Tune is alive??!!

I mean, Oh, that’s great, Tommy Time is alive. What’s the matter with me??
:rolleyes: <—dumdope

Honestly, a lot of this reminds me of shit that went on in high school. I had a lot of gay friends who loved to flirt with the opposite sex because they enjoyed the attention even if they weren’t interested in the follow-through. My lesbian best friend made out with my gay friend just for fun. Another lesbian friend told me she would have sex with me if I were gay. (I’m very straight, though, so turned her down.) Even so, there was sexual tension of some kind. The lines of sexual orientation were very blurred, because it was all new to everyone.

But that was high school. Now everyone is about career and marriage and kids. Seriously, you are describing very immature behavior on everyone’s part. I don’t know how you guys aren’t through this phase by now.

I mean that in the kindest way possible.

Leave the modding for the mods, BigT and discontinue making posts like this.

No warning issued.

Because people fantasize about others regardless of how known the orientation of the other has been broadcast.

You might be gay. Your straight friend’s boyfriend is straight. This doesn’t mean she wouldn’t be a bit jealous if you guys “fake dated” to see how people treat you as a straight female.

For all she knows, he’s sporting a huge boner anyway, and for him, who knows, maybe he thinks he’s an exception and there’s a little bi in you. And maybe she’s right.

Etcetera, etcetera, alacazam, you’ve just stirred up the murky silt at the bottom of someone’s complicated emotions and insecurities.

I’m completely with the OP. I’ve even got another example: This one time, a gay poster went onto a message board and provided examples of how she and her gay friends and acquaintances went attention whoring and got caught up in straight people drama and all the posters on that board just got her caught up in even MORE straight people drama. You’d think being gay would make her immune to that kind of reaction!

I’m very much curious what Diamonds02 looks like. I have quite a picture concocted in my head. :eek:

Drama has no age, gender, race, or sexual orientation. No one is protected from it, as being dramatic to some extent is a function of human nature.