How much are gays and lesbians protected from drama?

Watch where you’re throwing those inclusive pronouns. I’ve never had any trouble with my female friends having jealous boyfriends. I’ve managed to evade drama by the simple expedient of not making it and not hanging around with people who do.

I think you believe that being gay is such a big deal that everyone is thinking about it when they’re with you. Work up to being gay and over it.

I have heard it referred to as the G factor. We’ve built such a production out of identifying as gay that quite often gaybies come out and expect that this revelation is as big a deal to everyone else as it is to them.

Gosh, Stick, you said it so much simpler.

Yo. A lot of us responding are gay.

(Whoops! Wrong quote. I meant the one Moon was replying to. :o

It means she has no cash value.

I think it means you’re the only queer on the A-list. What am I saying? The A-list is always queer-heavy.

Her posts in this thread and many others display her social ineptness. It’s not an insult, just an observation. I was merely commenting on the consequences.

And if it were a straight woman he’s going out with, of course his girlfriend would be down with that…

Same thing here. Do you think he’s be cool with his girlfriend sharing a bed with a straight guy?

You seem to think that everything happens over a person being gay or not. Don’t you question your own assumptions in these matters? It’s always a good idea.

Sorry! I was turning a joke on the line, “Did he just call me stupid?” I get what you’re saying and I agree. :slight_smile:

And since we’re here: Your line about her having no sense of human interactions was priceless.

I am questioning my assumptions. That’s why I started this thread.

What you are saying is that gender is dominant over orientation for many people, when it comes to judging behavior?

I think what people are saying is that labels don’t cover the full range of human interaction or emotions. Look past the labels and we’re all individuals who behave as we damn well please.

Jealousy and drama aren’t necessarily logical, but then neither are any human actions.

I think a lesbian whose lover slept in the same bed with a straight woman could be jealous, too. (Not all, but you seem to be basing your assumptions on the evidence of one instance.)

That’s why they have cots.

Yes, it is an insult, as there’s no other reason to bring it up. We get it: she’s ignorant about social conventions. This board is about fighting ignorance. If you* have a problem with the poster, there’s a forum for that. Constantly popping into her threads to make fun of how clueless she is serves no purpose other than inflating the egos of the people who do it by belittling hers. They really don’t do much to indicate that these people are actually socially superior, since a child can see through this crap.

*You here is plural, obviously. I don’t go around watching to see which person has taken up the “bully the socially clueless” baton for this thread.

Oh, when did you become a mod, Big T?

First, you get yourself a lesbian.

Second, you sign her up for the 30 day “How to be a Lesbian.” class.

Thirdly, you Hi, Opal.

Fourthly, you have your lesbian pass the open-book multiple-choice one question test of “Are you a Lesbian?”

Fifthly, if your lesbian passes the test, you present her with her, “Yea! You are a lesbian” Token.

Sixly, you congratulate your newly found lesbian with a hearty round of lesbian beers.

If you think it’s an insult did you report it? I bet you didn’t report.

Why are you insulting people?
ETA: I should’ve put some more commas in my previous post but it’s too late to edit.

I would like to hear more about these lesbian beers.

It’s quite simple.

1. Straight women don’t drink beer.

2. They drink wine and foo-foo-fruity drinks.

3. Therefore, the only beer that will go into a woman must be a lesbian.