How much do your bio kids look like you? How closely do you resemble your bio parents?

My sister and I looked a lot alike when we were children but didn’t resemble either parent. We look nothing alike as adults but I think she looks like Mom, and she thinks I look like Dad. But we both do not see the resemblance that the other one sees. Dad does not see the resemblance either.

Anecdote: I saw my sister about 10 yrs ago, after going a long time (5-6 yrs) without seeing her. She was 47 at the time. I was born when Mom was 38 yrs old, so my earliest recollection of Mom is when she was in her mid-40’s and I literally thought i was seeing a ghost. (Mom died about 15 years prior).

I look way too much like my dad, except I’m shorter, and I have tits. We’ve got some of the same little quirks, we have the same curly damned hair, and the same skin color. I got his English/Irish pasty white skin, whilst my mom had the gorgeous Sicilian skin color. Yeah, I totally got screwed on that end of the deal. I also missed out on the ‘smarts’ that my mom’s side of the family has. Crap.

Anyway, yeah. My dad could never deny that I am his daughter! :smiley:

I look just like my dad - in fact, his side of the family must have super-dominant genes because family reunions are full of people who look just like me, regardless of the other half of their parentage. I only got my mom’s Jimmy Carter teeth.

I look a lot like my mother. I got some stuff from my dad (the freckles mostly) but otherwise I look identical to my mom.

The other day we finally got the baby to roll over enough that we got a profile view of her in a sonogram and my husband said, “Oh, thank god, she looks just like you!” I kind of looked at him and said, “It’s a sonogram sweetie, not a photograph. Right now she mostly looks like Mr. Game & Watch.”

Mug one of your coworkers, of course, and put a sawbuck in your purse to tide you over till you get to an ATM. I can never hurt you, even if you deserve it, which you never do anyway.

Back to the thread topic, I have just been reminded that one of my double-first cousins* and I were dead ringers for one another when we were younger. That’s no longer true, because he’s been getting heavier but I’ve been getting lighter, but when we were in our twenties it was obvious to everyone but us. (I still don’t see it, but enough others do that I’m forced to concede it must be hysterical blindness.)

• My father’s twin brother was married to my mother’s older sister, and Carlton is one of their children. Thus we are first cousins twice over: double first cousins.

I’m biracial and look it and my husband is white. Our daughter is blond haired and blue eyed and looks eerily like his sister. Our son has dark hair and eyes and looks just like I did at his age.

I’ve had people think I’m my daughters nanny which sucks.

I look like both my mom (a black woman) and my dad (Jewish man) depending on who I’m standing next to.

I don’t look that much like my dad now, but looking at photos of him from college you can see the resemblance. I am a little stockier though.

A few years back, while working at a pizza buffet, an old man that was there with a group from a nursing home grabbed my arm and called me by my father’s name and asked how my motorcycle was running after the wreck. I talked to my dad later and for a summer he had a motorcycle that was damaged in a minor wreck. The really odd thing is that I was 200 miles from my dad’s hometown. I tried to talk to the man some more but I was too busy at work and he was incomprehensible from Alzheimer’s.

My three sons look enough like my husband and little enough like me that I sometimes wonder if I am just the host in his amateur cloning project. The middle one looks a little like me and has my eye color. The eye color thing is funny. Oldest got husband’s green eyes. Middle got my blue eyes. Youngest split the genes right down the middle and has eyes that shift from green to blue.

I don’t look that much like either of my parents, especially not coloring-wise. They are both dark dark brunettes, and I was pale blonde as a child. My hair has darkened but no where near as dark as theirs. Both of my brothers are sandy haired too. How does that work? My youngest brother tans, which no one else in the family can.

Weird and totally cool.

My two sisters and I look a lot like both our parents, and all three of us sound just like our mother (and each other) when we speak. Many times people I have never met, or who do not know my parents, have remarked that we must be related to one parent or the other.

My dad’s a pretty unique-looking guy IMO (and he is adopted, so no idea what his bio family looks like). Each of us has always gotten a lot of remarks about how much we resemble him. He is also much smaller-framed and thinner than my mom’s family and so are all three of us, so in pictures with my mom’s family we stand out as shrimpy.

Me: I look a heck of a lot like my dad. My face shape, head shape, eyes, teeth, body type and proportions, coloring, hair type, are almost entirely his. My mom’s influence can really only be seen in my facial proportions (not quite like his), nose (halfway between hers and his) and the fact that my lips are more defined than his. Also my feet look like hers. But my hands are my dad’s. I don’t really look like either of my parent’s baby/childhood pictures, strangely.

Amusingly, I also have a pretty strong facial resemblance to one of my cousins (moms sisters daughter). There was a time we spent a lot of time together, and although I am fair/curly blondish/blue-eyed/skinny and she is olive/straight brunette/brown-eyed/not skinny, absolutely everyone we met thought we were sisters.

Middle sis: Has my moms’ eyes, head/facial proportions and hair type. Like me her nose is a fortunate blend of both parents. Some baby and childhood pictures of her and my mom are indistinguishable. However she has my dad’s body type, coloring, and lips. She is also tall like him and they have the same goofy body language and facial expressions. And she has his hands and feet.

Youngest sis: Dead ringer for my dad facially (baby/childhood pictures are eerily similar), but with more of my mom’s nose and body type (not quite as narrow/skinny as me), and her coloring, height (short), and hands and feet.

I say our daughter looks like my wife, my wife says our daughter looks like me.

I am red/brown hair and blue eyes, my brother is blond with brown eyes [the kind of blond that also has brown and red hairs scattered in his beard and mustache]

Our cousin Heather is blond/brown and her brother Peter is brunette/blue. [Fathers middle brother]

Our other set of cousins Heidi is blond/brown and Lori brunette/blue. [Fathers youngest brother]

My Mother’s side, I am the spitting image of my mom and my maternal grandmother. All her side tend to red/brown hair and either blue, grey or moss green eyes. [though Mom has moss green eyes with gold flecks that I wish I had:(]

On the paternal side, we are all AB negative. My mom happens to be A neg, Dad’s family tends towards AB neg. [we are all doners.]

Somewhere my Mom has a picture of my cousin Lori and I sitting on the floor opening Christmas presents at the age of 7 and we look like a pair of twins. We honestly look like we were separated at birth. We are a couple months apart in age. I should see if we can find it [it may not have survived the house fire back in the 80s]

No kids.

I have my father’s arms, my mother’s mouth, things like that, but don’t really resemble either of them.
Most of my personality is a blend of theirs, however.

I do look like my mother’s father, and one of my father’s cousins.
By contrast, my wife looks like a cross between her mother and her father, and both of them are strongly represented in her character. Not at all a bad thing, either.

My daughter has very similar facial features to me, but completely different colouring and a different figure. She actually looks quite a lot like my ex, but they’re not related. Frequently when we were out together people assumed she was the bio-Mum and I was the co-parent. One time a woman insisted it must be that way round, because my daughter looked so much like my ex.

I look a lot like my Dad and so do all my brothers and sisters. My daughter’s the only blonde grandchild my Dad has, and he has about 50.

I look so much like my mother that she didn’t need to introduce herself at parent-teacher meetings- they knew who she was immediately.

I have three sons, and one looks nothing like me, one looks exactly like me, and one looks somewhat like me.

If you find a 30 year old photo of my dad, the only difference between me and the man in the picture is the haircut.

My daughter looks like me pretty closely except I have big eyes dark hair and she has red highlights and big brown eyes. But she does have some features that are my husbands like hair colour. And she is mixed ethnicity - brown & white. I looked like my daughter at her age. Me and my sisters all look related in some way but look totally different. We are a mix of our parents but you can tell we are related by the way we talk to each other. Hubby as a baby also looked like my daughter as well because he has big eyes too.

My son looks just like me.

I have ‘resemblances’ from both of my parents, but you it’s not obvious when we’re in the same room that we’re related.

I was once on a TV show and my mom’s friend, who’d never seen me before, immediately recognized me as my mom’s daughter.

The funny part about this story is that he was watching this TV show with his own daughter, who is a friend of mine. We had no idea that our parents were friends, and our parents had no idea that their daughters were friends, until this particular TV show aired.

Basically I have my mother’s eyes and cheekbones, my father’s jaw and chin and a nose somewhere between the two, so I look like whichever one I happened to be photgraphed with, with the edge to my mother.

My kids are even more interesting, because they’re bi-racial. One son looks like an Asian version of me, the other looks like someone from a completely different family. As for my daughter, her pediatrician looked at her, then my wife, then me, back at her and finally said, “She’s a real interesting combination of the two of you.”