How much does your cat weigh?

Keer is a whopping 7 lbs at about 8 years old.

She’s tiny, but you wouldn’t know it from the whirlwind she does to my apartment when I’m gone. That and the dangling threads on my chairs… little vixen.

Orson could eat that cat for breakfast!

After a real measurement of the Ors, it seems that he weighs 23.5 pounds. It seems much higher when he sits on my head.

Julie

Our boat cat is finally going to the vet tomorrow to be fixed (this has been a year-long battle with the spousal unit) - I think he (the cat) weighs maybe 5 or 6 pounds. He’s a bit over a year old, but he’s a little guy. Guess we’ll find out tomorrow.

He may get bigger after his surgery. Fixed cats often gain weight after their surgeries, esp. the males. In fact, some of them become quite pudgy. Not that this is an absolute, of course; actual cat weight may vary, not valid in some states… :slight_smile:

Wow - he did get bigger after surgery!! :eek:

OK, so I under estimated. According to the vet, he’s just over 9# - but now that his, um, boy parts are gone, he may be right at 9.

I weighed my Boojum the other night and he’s back down to a svelte 19.5 lbs. And I’m not being sarcastic - he’s a large-framed cat. But I’ve had him on a diet the past month, since we moved in with my fiancee and he’s not been allowed to go outside and get his exercise.

But also, he’s 13 years old, and spends 22 out of 24 hours sleeping, it seems, regardless of whether or not he goes outside.

Pearl - 6 pounds. Yes, she’s full grown. She’s a very little fully grown girl.
Duffy - 11 pounds. He’s very tall and very long.
Ashleigh - 15 pounds. She has issues. She carries it all in her stomach. The vet recently put her on a diet.

They can be seen here

Lsura one of my cats is also named Jake.

Tanker (yes, that is her real name) will be 9 in April weighs between 14 and 15 pounds. She ‘looks’ fat, because the stitches from her spay didn’t hold and she was left with a pouch hanging from her lower belly.

Pick her up, though, and you’ll soon find that she’s all muscle and claws. (not big on being picked up).

Jake is 9 months old (thereabouts) and he weighs 7 or 8 pounds. He’s skinny enough that you can tell when he’s eaten and then tell when he’s gotten rid of it again. He’s lean and muscular all around except for his belly.

Hockey, the dog, weighs 50+ pounds, yet Jake seems to think jumping on her head and licking and biting her ears is a ‘good’ idea.

Boy – all these heavy felines. Now I don’t feel so bad about Midnight (17 pounds, including a paralyzed tail) and Clarence (16 pounds). Our smallest, Lotta, weighs a mere 7 or so.

Cleatus was 13 last year at the vet; Chloe weighed in at 12. I’m guessing they’ve each gained a bit now that they’re both three years old.

I’ve always wanted a great big cat like my aunt and uncle’s 19 pound furball, Sylvester.

Really? I always wanted a small cat that wouldn’t destroy everything in his path as he walked by.

Wanna trade?