How much for two eggs?

See also post #7! :wink:

Ooop, I missed that the first time too.

Just tell your friend of a friend of a friend not to eat there any more if she doesn’t like the place. Or tell that to yourself if it really is you. Or anybody else here, or anyone else anywhere in the world, if you’re provided with some edible food at a restaurant, and you eat it, and you don’t like something about the experience, just don’t eat there anymore. It is that easy, if you never go back you’ll never have that problem again.

How unclear is “Can I just have two eggs over easy”? The waitress should have said something, IMHO. It seems blatantly obvious to me and, yes, I have worked in the food service industry. I don’t think I’ve ever stuffed a tip, but if someone stiffed me for this reason, I’d say I deserved it.

And if he got a meal and was charged for such, why didn’t he get all the other goodies?

At this point, you ask for a manager, explain the situation so they know this can be an issue in their business, and give then a chance to make things right. You don’t have to be an asshole about, just be honest and bewildered and explain how it’s confusing, etc., and see what happens. If they stick to their guns, fine. Make a note of it and never return.

How much for two eggs?

$1.65, but the second egg doesn’t have an act.

No Bill Cosby fans here? Just me then…

It’s usually there, in the smallest type, in a “these are not the eggs you are looking for” spot - eggs, toast, muffin, bacon, sausage etc. as sides.

Datapoint - Just got back from lunch. The menu had a section headed “Egg Combos” with all types of variations. The bottom one was “Just two eggs $4.39”

And how much is toast? Add that in and it’s $6 (or there abouts).

I find this whole conversation to be very odd.

If I were to order two eggs in any breakfast place I have ever been in, that would immediately be followed by the following questions:

Home fried or hash browns?

White, wheat or sour dough toast? English muffin or biscuit?

Bacon, ham or sausage?

And would you like anything to drink?

What went wrong in the OP’s exchange is that I can’t imagine ordering 2 eggs and not being asked all the follow up questions.

So why didn’t the customer, when informed he had to pay for the full breakfast, not request the other items to go?

I would have said fine I’ll pay the bill, but I want the items I didn’t get in a to go box.

Or more… it’s possible the waitress was doing the OP a favor by finding a cheaper menu item that covered the order of two a la carte items. I’ve had them do that, but they usually explain it when they do.

You should have ordered the spam, eggs, sausage, and spam. That hasn’t got much spam in it.

If she was doing that, she should have been up front about it. If I order one thing and another is on my bill, my first assumption is not going to be that the waitress is doing be a favor and not telling me.

No, the server went wrong when she was asked “Can I just have 2 eggs over easy?” and she answered “Sure thing.”

If the restaurant’s policy is that you can’t have just two eggs, then the server shouldn’t have said you could.

It all just sounds like a bad case of miscommunication on both sides. You should have asked about the total and perhaps negotiated a lower tab. A tip was not optional in any case; you omit a tip only when a waitron has been personally and egregiously responsible for the failure of the visit.

You crack me up.

2 eggs, hardboiled in the company caff. 99 cents. they put em out with the pudding cups.

No one can order 50 eggs.

My boy says he can order 50 eggs, he can order 50 eggs.

They could charge more if they’d call them boneless chicken dinners.