How much of the green part from green onions/spring onions/scallions do you use?

This. Just about the whole bit.

Depends on what I’m making

My mom’s tuna macaroni salad? We actually only use the green stems, none of the actually white onion part. Everything else, I tend to only use about two inches up from the main onion.

Ditto. Not the very bottom, and not the very tips if they have gotten damaged, but everything between.

All of it - 100%.

Whole thing, except small bits of slime or wilt. At least 90%. We use it a lot and quickly, so very little of it goes to slime or wilt.

Ditto

I’m surprised more people didn’t say this. When I’m using them in a stew, I use everything. 100%. But I cut the hollow-ish green part in bigger sections. Maybe 2". If they’re going in something more delicate, then they get chopped up much finer.

When I’m adding them to scrambled eggs, I usually only use the “firm” part- that’s about 50%.

And sometimes it just depends on what I feel like. When I make Ma Po Tofu, I like to add green onions. If I feel like less of a veggie person that night, I only use the white part. If I’m getting more in touch with my inner veggie, then I use the whole thing.

I trim off just what has gone bad, and eat the rest.