How old are you?

We’ll just say well into my 50s.

I had no idea that 41-50 would be in the majority. I’m used to board with a younger demographic.

That said, I’m in my twenties…23 to be exact.

No, a majority would be more than 50%. When it’s more than the others but less than 50%, that’s called a “plurality.”

I’m nineteen. Youngest in this thread so far!

Somewhere between forty and death.

Geez Sam, you might as well stand out there shaking your cane and screaming at the whippersnappers to get off your lawn.

48.66 years if you really need to know.

I guess technically the poll doesn’t automatically mean there are more people of a certain age group anyway.

1. I plan to stay this age for several years at least.

I’m a 55 model.

These distinctions are important. Dagnabbit!

I’m 40 years, 5 months. I was born at the end of December. My father, being a CPA, was joked about at the office saying that he induced labor to deduct me. :smiley:

But that doesn’t stop us from being Dopers (I mean going senile, not dying).

And I’m 65. Some days it’s the new 40; other days it’s the new 80.

Just changed categories here… 51.

:D:D:D

I’m 40 and 5/6ths so I just went ahead and voted myself into the next bracket.

I’m 56 and damn proud I made it this far. The squeeze is also 56 but I’ll be 57 in July so for about five months he calls me a cradle robber. :smiley:

69 until December.

1. I Started lurking here when I was 18.

So the poll shows that most of us Dopers (who take polls!) are between the ages of 30 and 50. That is not old no matter how you slice and dice it. We are a mature group, I suppose, but not old!

Back in the middle of the last century I would have thought it was old: but now, about 60 years later, my opinions have mellowed a bit.

I’m probably going to get jumped on, but I would guess that the largest age bracket for a general topic inernet forum is not normally the 40-50 age bracket. No, I don’t have a cite onhand.