How should i convince the whitetail deer in our field to move out.....

…without resorting to hunting, that is…

We have a family of 5 deer on our property, 50 acres of posted no-hunting land and large fields of timothy and alfalfa that we get cut down and baled, the deer seem to know that they’re in a safe spot and have no plans to leave…

normally, we don’t have a problem with them, but the wood ticks in our area have begun to test positive for Lyme disease, and some other parasitic illness known to cause seziures in horses

normally, Lyme disease is only carried by deer ticks, which are much smaller than wood ticks, but now that the wood ticks are starting to test positive for Lyme, it’s an unneccecary risk…

we have two cats and a dog that love to explore the field, and it’s relatively common for them to bring home ticks between their applications of Frontline and Bio-Spot, however, Mom and Sis run a horsemanship summer camp down in the field, as well as board other people’s horses in the barn, and they’ve seen wood ticks embedded in the horses now, up until this year, ticks have never bothered the horses, the cats and the dog, yes, but not the horses…

this puts all of us, animals included, at a higher risk for tick-borne illnesses, all because the deer family won’t move out…

oh, did I mention the fact that the deer don’t seem to have a fear of humans either?, we can almost go up to them and pet them…

so, i’m looking for humane ways to convince the deer to move out, scaring them doesn’t work as they come back the next day, i was thinking that maybe using my paintball marker to tag them with a water-soluble paint pellet may convince them to move out, it’ll sting and scare them when the pellet hits, and the paint is biodegradable and water soluble, so there’s no risk to the deer

hunting them isn’t an option due to the aforementioned horses on the property, i need a humane way to scare them off…

any ideas?

Coyote Urine gets rid of armadilloes and various rodents and supposedly works on deer as well.

Bits of human hair collected from your local barbershop?

If they’re not afraid of you, how do they feel about your dog? Could the dog be persuaded to bark menacingly enough if they venture onto the property? Or is it not that sort of creature?