How to I keep my iPhone 8 Plus from making butt calls?

This can’t just be happening to me, although I haven’t heard others complaining about this feature/bug.

At least five times a week, I mistakenly recall the last person I talked to. My phone has a case, and I keep it in a holster on my belt. I’ll be on the phone, hang up, hit the button that turns off the phone with my thumb, and slip it into my holster.

Suddenly, the phone will vibrate, telling me I have a call, but I never initiated the call (intentionally). Somehow, just placing the phone back in the holster, I touched the screen in a way that has the phone to redial the last person I talked to.

Either tell me how to stop doing this or how to disable this “feature” so it doesn’t ever happen again. Please don’t tell me to get a new phone. I don’t need or want a new phone.

The only suggestion I saw with Googling is to disable notifications on the lock screen. This post shows two ways to do this–the second one seem the most promising to me, but I don’t have a iOS device to mess with.

The idea is to keep your phone from showing messages on the lock screen from the phone app that might give you a chance to call back. Apparently there is an auto-redial feature built into that notification.

How about a new holster?

But try @BigT ‘s suggestion first

Thanks, Big T. I followed the instructions. We’ll see if it works.

Earlier this week I anterior thigh-texted this message to Mrs. J:

The. To. If you. If. My you be to my to be if we be able to be there by be able to do able to. I’m. But. I’m so a. If. I’m. Be. I’m so. We. My. If. But I am back. Be. Be. Be. Be be. We. Be v be. Be. Be. If v be v v be by by by v be. V BB by vvv. If v v v v is v v be an. to the in mk of

Either it’s the 21st century answer to James Joyce, or the Terminator experiencing a short circuit.

No advice needed.

e e cummings would be proud.

I also do not want a new phone but my current phone (iPhone 10?) will no longer be usable after January 1st. Something about I have 3g and the network will be 5g? So I am getting a new phone next week, iPhone 14 maybe? My wife and daughter said “this is what you want”. Like my current phone it will be 2 years before I figure out how to use most of the features.

I was completely satisfied with my old flip phone but like my current phone technology passed it by and was no longer usable.

Apple does a really good job getting you to upgrade your phone whether you need to or not.

It’s the carrier making them upgrade, not Apple.

iPhone 10 should be totally compatible with major cell carriers, it’s only 3g and earlier that is going away AFAIK, the iPhone 4s and later I think all had 4g, though that may have been ATT’s fake 4g, so from 5 on should have had it and I’m pretty sure my 6 did and 4g is expected to be around for another decade.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Your phone will be fine. It’s only the iPhone 5 and earlier which will not be able to use LTE or 5G. Your iPhone 10 will be perfectly fine to use for a long while.

Pretty much every carrier still offers a basic flip phone. Example.

My mistake, in talking to my daughter I currently have an iPhone 7+.

Still, other posters have said my 7+ phone should be fine. I may need to stop into the phone store and ask them. But then again my battery life is slowly getting shorter and I barely make it through the day with it being (or close to) dead. Maybe time for a new phone anyways. The phone store lady said they have a great deal and my new iPhone 14 should be “free”. And I thought double/confusing talk from car sales people were bad, that is just a training ground for phone sales people.

The one time I experienced something like that was in the Serengeti (he said, not boasting). The washboard roads were awful, and my iPhone 8 was sitting in the center console of the Land Rover. The rough shaking several times set off the “tap 5 times to call 911” and the shrill alarm. Fortunately(?) there was no cell service so we did not make a nuisance call.