How to Waste the Rest of Your Day

http://intoinfinity.org/mixer

I don’t get it. :confused:

Rest of my Day? I got out in 10 seconds! :stuck_out_tongue:

I got out in about 30 seconds. There’s no explanation as to what the hell it is or what you’re supposed to do there. None of the links at the bottom work, like the About. Trying the links is what made me stay there so long.

So, wtf?

Not all day but I had fun with it and sent it to my daughter because I know she’ll like it too.

Equipoise the links worked for me.

I don’t know how much I’m allowed to copy from other sites so here’s the first few lines in About:

Explore the wide possibilities of forever! INTO INFINITY is an art and music exhibition presented by DUBLAB and Creative Commons. It is built on audio loops and circular canvases that are available online to the public for sharing, remixing, and resubmission. Stay tuned for live exhibition dates and website developments.

Oh well, thanks. That doesn’t help me one bit, but it’s more than I knew a few minutes ago. I just don’t have time for a site that doesn’t even care enough to tell people what the hell it’s all about or what you’re supposed to do there. A buncha dots. Great. :rolleyes:

Worked for me too, no problem - Firefox 3.0.15.

It is labeled an audio mixer at the top of the page, and the About page does share more info than quoted, including saying that the sound loops are free for sharing and remixing.

That’s awful. The loops are horrible, the instructions meaningless, the interface rubbish, and there’s no explanation until the whole thing loads in.

Great big WTF from me too.

If you want me to access it’s charms, make it, um, accessible!

Thanks. It’s nice to know it’s not just me. I was beginning to feel like a real moron because a bunch of meaningless dots were supposed to enthrall me for an entire day and I couldn’t figure out why.

Meh, from me too. However…

This is good for a little productivity loss. (draw lines under the dropping balls with your cursor)

When you tire of that hit the “Stumble!” button in the top left hand corner. Rise and repeat.

Now THAT I can get behind!

Ow my soul

Now THAT was fun!

Is it just me or does there seem to be some max number of balls allowed on screen at once? I tried keeping all of them in a box but the box never seems to get over full.

I managed to get nearly 20, I think, but my browser performance was really taking a hit.

I thought this thread was going to be about TV Tropes.

I’m not linking to it, because it really will waste your day!

Here’s a screen capture of 24 (obviously some have bounced up higher than the screen).