Huge frog in my yard

Tonight the dogs were barking up a storm and when I went out to check, saw them barking at this.

StG

Wow. That is impressive. Did it just sit there and let you put the can next to it, or was it already there?

He’s probably all swollen up from the Coke he just drank. Did you try to burp him?

There’s a pond near us that has huge bullfrogs! The dogs (ours and others’) have invariably been fascinated with them.

Do you live in Calaveras County, by chance?

Yes, he just sat there while the dogs barked and while I placed the can for perspective and took the pics. I don’t know if you can tell, but he was all puffed up - he was probably twice as tall as the prone can. And no, not Calaveras county. Middle Tennessee.

StG

Not sure if you took my post at face value, but either way: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Celebrated_Jumping_Frog_of_Calaveras_County

All he needs is a top hat and a cane!

That should have Ray Milland’s hand hanging out of its mouth.

It won’t let me see pictures without disabling my add blocker :frowning:

You could be in big trouble.

Hello my baby
Hello my honey
Hello my ragtime gal :cool:

FloatyGimpy - Sorry, I don’t know how to change that.

StG

I get a happy little twinge every time I see a photo of a bullfrog, brings back great childhood memories.

Bullfrogs can indeed get huge and even much bigger than the handsome guy in the photo. I am from Louisiana so I am probably the only one thinking - dinner…Frog legs are dammed good but only Louisiana people and the French seem to realize that. My father used to take me frog gigging in the bayou when I was little. You take a flashlight with red cellophane over the light, a small boat, a spear and net. The giant frogs can’t see red light so you can catch go straight up to them and spear or net them.

Laissez les bons temps rouler. That is some good eating.

I grew up frog gigging in the storm drains of southern Ca right in the middle of the city. I continued the practice maybe once a year or so well into my forties. I like frogs as friends but I also like eating them.

You could re-up it at http://imgur.com/.

Ev’rybody do the Michigan Rag
Ev’rybody likes the Michigan Rag

Now that’s a cheap date.

I have never seen such big frogs as I’m seeing this year in our swamp/broken pool. There are a lot fewer of them but I swear they’re cat sized.