I Am Legend

Watched this last night.

What a load of crap, after all the hype I was expected something really good but instead I got the biggest load of tat since the old king died

That is all

Well I thought it was fantastic, so there, that is all.

And what the hell is a “load of tat”? Sounds kinky.

It was ass.

The source story is very interesting though, and I recommend it highly. It’s different enough so that the movie ruins nothing.

There’s a past thread on this where I (et alii) go off on it, so I won’t rehash it here.

And what does “Since the Old King Died” mean? Are we talkiing about some historical king, like Britain’s George VI?

Given chowder’s erm, seniority, he’s probably referring to Ethelred the Unready.

I thought it was okay. Nothing to write home about, but then there’s nobody to deliver the mail anyway.

I have to say thumbs down as well. At least the alternate ending had some thought behind it but the original ending was simply terrible.

What about Kevin Costner?

I’m still waiting for a film adaptation of I Am Legend but that Will Smith movie certainly wasn’t it.

The first hour was mildly entertaining, mostly as a catalog of CGI effects. The entire movie came to a crashing halt as soon as the “family” showed up.

Personally, I liked it and just bought the DVD a couple days ago.

From here.

Noun. 1. Rubbish, junk. Abb. of tatty. E.g.“You can’t wear that old cardigan, it’s tat.” {Informal}

I just finished watching it. What aggravated me about it was the message seemed to be to trust in God. I liked Neville more when he was an atheist who was just going down with the ship.

I kept waiting for the things that happened in the book to happen in the movie and they never did. The book had much more balls. Movie was kind of… tatty? To refer back to the OP.

The dog did a good job though.

So did the deer and lions. I have no idea how they trained those things.

The movie’s better when paired with the Rifftrax for it

And over at the 'Trax forum, they’ve figured out what the Dark Seekers are, they’re not Zombies, they’re not Vampires, they’re …

Zompires!

By using the harsh and severe CGI training method.

They were all digital animals.

The movie was garbage, the novella was excellent, especially the ending where:

horror story cliches were totally turned on their head. Neville was the thing that went bump in the night, the demon that the proto-vampires lived in terror of. He was the mythic monster who hunted them and brought terror to them, in a strange way, the human was the monster.

It’s a Brit expression which is a tad difficult to explain to colonists. :stuck_out_tongue:

I could have said “Since my granddad died”…it’s a sort of sarky thing…unnerstand now?

The film was still a load of tat (rubbish)

Jeez, next you’re going to tell me the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park weren’t real.

Well, even though I am usually pretty good at spotting a digital creature when I see one, half the time in I Am Legend I thought they must have used a real animal because it didn’t seem like it would be so difficult to have a deer run loose between cars, while it would take weeks to do it with CG. But I can’t find any evidence of them using real animals anywhere in the film (apart from Sam the dog). Even the birds in the sky were deliberately added digitally.

The beginning was well done, story-line, setting, ect. But by the end, I was like ‘what the hell’.

Actually, the ending was hilarous and entertaining. A good film to start in the evening and at the end of the night your guests will be afraid to go home!