I am posting from the state of:

Texas of course! Couldn’t y’all tell from my accent?

mr. john -

Fort Worth is where the west begins, Dallas is where the east peters out. - Will Rogers

(Had to get a little Ft. Worth/Dallas rivalry in there)

Massachusetts

Colorado – Boulder, in fact. The town nestled firmly between the mountains and reality.

Boulder – isn’t that where Mork from Ork landed?

Washington.

I grew up in eastern Washington but now I work for a large airplane manufacturer in western Washington. (I actually work on the defense side of the business. Bombs 'R Us!) Spent some time in Illinois, glad to be back in the Pacific Northwest.

“non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem”

Long Island, We think we’re a State

The tally so far:

tie 1. Ohio (4)
Texas (4)

tie 3. California (2)
Washington

tie 5. Kentucky (1)
Vermont (1)
Michigan (1)
Oregon (1)
Nevada (1)
Idaho (1)
Georgia (1)
Massachusetts (1)
Colorado (1)
New York (1)

oh yeah…somebody answered …Japan

Contestant #3

Handy, Jess, shame on you! You know California isn’t a state! It’s a republic! Just look at the flag!

Florida. The panhandle, a.k.a. L.A. (“Lower Alabama”)

“…send lawyers, guns, and money…”

Warren Zevon

Uhoh, I can’t say California.
I will just have to say what I told my Mom to put down when she filled out a form that asked where I was.
whereabouts unknown. presumed asleep.

pat

New York, and having Long Island as a seperate state is fine with me, in fact take NYC with you when ya go.

Torpor, aka Hawaii (occasional posts from elsewhere out hereabouts…)

“Proverbs for Paranoids, 1: You may never get to touch the Master, but you can tickle his creatures.”

• T.Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow.

North Carolina. And I wish to state once more that we do NOT all vote for Jesse Helms.

Ohio, as well.

Kentucky. In about a month from now, I’ll be a citizen of…

OHIO! I just MUST live in the homestate of Dick, Sally, Harry, and Tommy Solomon ;).

Ontario, Canada…but hey I am across the bridge from Michigan and spend an awfully lot of time in there…
You can count me in as Michigan

Unforgiven

Insanity.
(aka Colorado)
– Sylence

“A friend of mine once sent me a post card with a picture of the entire planet Earth taken from space. On the back it said, ‘Wish you were here’.” - Steven Wright

Intoxication. Can’t believe no one used that one yet!

Utah A pretty, great state.

The moon looks on many flowers, the flowers on but one moon.

PapaBear: every state in the Union is a republic (at least, it’s required by the federal Constitution to have a republican form of government).

BTW, I’m posting from California and thus Fort Worth isn’t where the west begins…it’s back East!

Advanced pregnancy. Coping with it in Flint, Michigan. That’s roughly at the base of your right thumb. :slight_smile: