I am so fucking sick of my PCOS

I can’t wait until I get insurance again so I can go on the pill.

I am fucking sick to death of having my period for three weeks to a month, having two weeks off, and then my period for three weeks to a month again.

Oh, and the acne. I hate that, too. My nephew drew a picture of me with little red dots all over my face! :frowning:

What’s PCOS?

You might try Planned Parenthood for cheap pills. Sounds like it would be worth checking out. And some doctors will give you several months worth of samples if they know you’re between insurance plans.

I hope you feel better, I understand about that kind of stuff. It’s the bane of my existence.

I was going to suggest the same thing. I know my roommmate got free pills when she was un-insured, and I got my first Depo shot for free, as well. Now that I’m insured I have to pay, but it’s only a $10 co-pay.

Depending on how much funding your local PP chapter has, they should be able to give you something for free or very cheap. They have a sliding scale that will tell you how much you are required to pay for certain services. Go to www.plannedparenthood.org, and find your local PP’s site from there. They should have a page that will calculate your costs using your income and level of insurance.

PCOS is “Polycystic Ovary Syndrome”. You can read all about it here.

I need a particular type of birth control pill, but I can’t remember which one (I should call the reproductive endocrinologist I saw before my last insurance ran out, duh, and see if they’ll tell me).

Yeah, you’re right about Planned Parenthood. I don’t know why that didn’t occur to me sooner. :wally I make a pretty good salary, it’s just I’m a temp (for another 5 days! Yay!) and then I start a new job with insurance (although I’m not sure when that starts).