I beat the Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker!!

Huzzah! After many, many frustrated hours and nearly setting fire to the gamecube, I’ve beaten Zelda! I couldn’t believe how easy Ganondorf was. All that nervousness for nothing! Still have yet to beat Ocarina of Time though, that game is haaaaard.

Any other Zelda players around the boards?

Not so much a zelda fan as I am casually obsessed. :slight_smile:

The disappointing thing is that the new zelda won’t be coming out until next spring.

Oops. That was supposed to be me. Not to say that Alias isn’t obsessed with the series either, but those are my mere words and not hers.

:smack: :smack: :smack: :smack:

The spring? I heard November!

Yep. The bosses in OoT are pretty easy; its the puzzles that are killers. The sequel, Majora’s Mask, is weird for a Zelda game and takes some getting used to. I enjoy it though.

My rankings:
The Legend of Zelda (NES): Classic. Secrets everywhere.
The Adventure of Link (NES): The closest to a traditional RPG game Zelda has come (what with the Exp points and the semi-random encounters). The hardest game IMHO. I love it.
A Link to the Past (SNES): Classic. Ground-breaking. Great graphics for its time. Great story. If I had a favorite, this would be it.
Ocarina of Time (N64): This thing blew my mind when I first played it. As I said above killer puzzles; easy bosses.
Majora’s Mask (N64): You either love this one or you hate it. I love it. My only complaint is even with all the side quests the game is too short.
Link’s Awakening (Gameboy): Great for its time. Fun but forgetable.
Oracle of Ages (Gameboy Color): See Link’s Awakening. I can’t find the sister game Oracle of Time anywhere.
The preview clips for the new Zelda game give me chills. I’m going to have to get a Gamecube. Actually I was planning on getting on for the upcoming Fire Emblem game.

Wind Waker was a fun game, but ridiculously easy. It may be that only game that I’ve ever played the whole way through the first time without ever dying.

Ocarina of Time was great. One of my proudest video game accomplishments is beating that game with only 3 hearts. (Yeah, I had to be pretty incredibly bored to try that.) By the last dungeon, a lot of enemies could kill with only one hit, and Ganon could as well. I’d been playing it so much that it wasn’t that hard, though.

Nothing can touch A Link to the Past though. Best game ever.

I’m playing Minish Cap right now. Not as good as Link’s Awakening but still fun. I’m afraid I’ve found them all to be pretty easy. Although I always seem to spend half my time trying to find the last quarter heart or 4th bottle. I love the games most when you get to unravel long chains. Sadly Minish Cap doesn’t seem to have to many of those. Plus it doesn’t have nearly enough dungeons.

For me …
Link to the Past is the best Zelda game of the series.
Majora’s Mask is the best game of the series. The Goron boss fight was so much fun.

Wind Waker was pretty good. Although the boat and the single sound characters got annoying after awhile. Oh, the snot-nosed kid makes an appearance in Minish Cap.

I disagree with Wolfian on Link II though. It was so boring and tedious. Plus it looks like the inspiration for the CD-i games. But I did play it recently rather then in the 80s. That might color my perceptions.

I suppose there’s no hope the next game will have at least some voices. The voice acting of Kingdom Hearts turned it from just a game into a playable movie. It really made things come alive and connect for me in the way hundreds of “Oy!” shouts can’t.

I spent a good part of this summer playing Majora’s Mask. I bought it when it first came out and never got into playing it, which is too bad because it’s a lot better than I gave it credit for.

I’ll probably never get around to finishing OoT, though…

I almost finished Wind Waker - but I refused to proceed through the last cluster of black and white bosses until I could get successful snapshots of them with my camera, for the statue guy … and that proved very difficult, so I stopped.

I had played through Wind Waker when it first came out and just finished a second run thorugh about a week ago. It’s a solid game but my complaints about it are similar to everyone elses, a lot of wasted time traveling across the oceans.
Dungeons were awesome put too few. Some stuff would just be impossible to accomplish (or know needed to be accomplished) without a guide (following girl around town to catch her opening the safe).

While Link to the Past was an awesome gound breaking adventure game, OOT was truely a pinnacle in the series bringing Hyrule into the 3-D realm. The land was so vast and varied (goron caves, desert, forest, lake, inside a whale).

Majora’s Mask followed along the same path but disappointed me in that it was again “impossible” to know to do certain things without a guide. I tried it without the guide and got to a point around the ocean temple where I just had no clue as to what to do next. I stopped playing for about 6 months and then came back to it with a guide. Good thing I did since some of those last few dungeons were fantastic! Like the one that would turn upside-down, and you had to climb hundreds of feet up to get to it.

The new one coming out at fist had me a bit worried (oh no, it’s just the same thing as OOT but with better graphics. Same weapons even and you even fight the bosses in the same manner.) But reading about it further assures me that there will be plenty of new gameplay features, weapons, twists and turns to be had. Should be another classic.

I’m going to have to get NES then, I have played the N64 ones and the Gamecube one and I believe we had Link’/s Awakening at some point but I haven’t even seen the NES ones.

I sold my copy of Wind Waker. Of course, I’d beaten three times, dying a grand total of twice for all three go throughs, because I didn’t catch on quickly enough on the last form of Ganondorf or the big worm boss, which I believe was in whichever temple you got the hookshot in. I am drooling over the new game, and it damn well better be out in November like the good people in Lafayette said it would be.

Yep, they just announced a delay. It’s now scheduled for sometime after March 31.

All the Zeldas are excellent games, but Link to the Past and Ocarina are on the short list of the best games of all time.

moan Though I spose it’s worth it… Maybe I’ll beat Wind Waker with Link in his PJs…

The little blurb when you recieve nothing as your special clothes for your birthday is very funny, though I can’t remember now exactly what it is. . .

As for the delay. . .curse them. Curse them hard with bricks places in uncomfortable angles in sensitive orifices.

bricks placed, bricks PLACED! :smack:

Love the Zelda series.
I found Wind Waker very easy though.
Must have been my multiple completions of OOT and MM that set me up for it.

I recently played The Twilight Princess at a games show.
Played the first dungeon - you get monkey assistants!
Also played a horseback level where you’re riding about a field chopping at enemies riding warthogs! Brilliant.

If you liked OOT from what I’ve seen you will love Twilight Princess.

I was almost in tears when I found out about the delay :o

As I recall there is a disc for Gamecube which has the two Zeldas for NES, A Link to the Past, and Ocarina of Time. I might be mis-remembering the exact games, but I know I saw my former housemate playing The Adventure of Link on his Gamecube.

Favorite game is definitely A Link to the Past. Link as a bunny! :smiley:

Adventures of Link was only good for the amusement factor of the downthrust - me and my brother would waste a ton of time “pogo-ing” through town.

Awakening was alright, except the ending made me :mad: :mad: :mad: .

Ocarina was too much frantic button mashing, and I hated, hated, HATED that stupid fairy.

Majora’s Mask gave me nightmares. (And was it just me, or did the whole game give off a huge “programmers on drugs” vibe?)

There’s a theory floating around online that Majora’s Mask isn’t actually a sequel to OoT, (slight spoiler for Ocarina of Time)

but rather occurs as a dream while Link is being aged in the Temple of Light in order to prepare him to be a better hero. That explains why the majority of the NPC are the same as in OoT and it explains the trippiness.