I believe I have discovered the worst “food” item in existence

Years ago I was on The South Beach Diet. Bread was forbidden. We looked up SBD recipes and I was surprised to see that instead of flour, ground up pork rinds were a main ingredient in some items.

He vomited, then aspirated it; and then the bug-bits got stuck in his throat, leading to asphyxiation. I had to look it up to see what the cause of death was determined to be.

https://www.jacksonville.com/article/20121127/NEWS/801242825

I wondered whether the roach guy might have simply been allergic, but if he failed to chew his food, that will do it too.

Much of the very worst garbage our society tries to pass off as “food” is children’s cereal. Many cereals are basically colored shaped clumps of sugar and preservatives.

Ttongsul, Korean poop wine

Andouillette, as sausage with traces of feces left in the pig intestinal casing for flavor.

Andouillette is made with pork tripe and similar ingredients, not shit (and one is supposed to wash sausage casings of dirt and grit, anyway). Like tablier de sapeur and other non-prime-beef type Lyonnaise cuisine, it is quite tasty if you eat meat, definitely not even close to the list of “worst food”.

I imagine there is a bit of a fine line with foods like stinky tofu, which is tasty, but just a bit of error and the same tofu is beyond stinky and actually rotten. Similarly Icelandic fermented shark, advanced cheese like casu marzu, improperly prepared pufferfish…

I tried andouillette many years ago. I’m a great believer in the idea that you should periodically retry food you hated, because your tastes do change over time - mushrooms, for example, I have come to love.

Andouillette? No rush.

To the main theme of this thread: enthusiasts might want to see if these guys, ex of The Cereal Killer Cafe, will deliver to the US.

j

The librarian at our church when I was a kid was an elderly French Canadian lady. When she was little her older brother showed her how to eat frozen ants by scooping a handful of sap from trees. The ants were frozen in the sap. She said it tasted like frozen lemonade.

So, thanks for that. My gut actually hurts from laughing so hard!
I’ll submit durian ice wafer cookies. Sweet,sweet dried vomit with your tea.

Yuck-o.

Many years ago as an experiment we tried making Rice Krispy Treats with Fruity Pebbles. We like Rice Krispy treats, we like Fruity Pebbles, what can go wrong? Much can. It was way too sweet and just utterly gross.

Sorry, I got that wrong. It was Nerds cereal, not Runts. I don’t know if Runts cereal has ever been a real thing, but it should be.

I was thinking about that this morning on the way to work(hey there are worse things to dwell on while commuting) and came to the same realization. Nerds candy, sweet little sugar bit of destruction as a candy and, well yeah it was cereal and I had some once or twice, bout all I remember about it

Must have been either too much sugar on the grape nuts or not enough on the wheat chex as a kid (or just really long ago in a childhood far away)

Some people will do just about anything to maintain their sexual potency, won’t they?

That can’t be real.

So, in other words, ants taste sour; exactly in what way might depend on the species?

Many ants use formic acid as a defense; I would guess that would account for the sour taste?

Honey pot ants, on the other hand, are apparently tasty on their own.

Yeah, I’ve never had a problem with the more… grain-forward cereals myself. Wheaties, Grape-Nuts, Raisin bran, oatmeal, shredded wheat, Special K, etc… are all fine with me.

But Cheerios have always tasted slightly burned to me, like they made a mistake with the drying or baking process, and I’ve never been very fond of them. They’re better than no breakfast at all, but just barely.

Chinese food is very popular and dim sum is delicious. Though you may keep the “thousand year old egg”. Really. All yours. I’ll make the sacrifice and fill up on dumplings. Who wouldn’t think food would improve after being buried underground for a month (see Icelandic “fermented shark”, now with extra urine flavour)?

I’ve had thousand year old eggs and they are downright delicious compared to these crisps.

From what I’ve heard about century eggs (or whatever one wishes to call them), it makes one wonder who thought eating them was a good idea, and how hungry they must have been.

However, this YTer can make almost anything look appealing, and yes, she has made and eaten them.

Vegetarian haggis
simon-howie-vegetarian-haggis-454g.jpg (640×640) (wp.com)