I believe I have discovered the worst “food” item in existence

As gross as eating a live octopus sounds, I’d rather eat that than what this guy ate:

That’s its special feature. It’s not two things instead of just not one thing.

“Stop bogarting the roaches!”

I once voluntarily drank Postum. Once.

The Original Pancake House has Postum on the menu.

An old classic:

Agreed.

No true grapesman.

Can you eat melted butter? Because Rice Krispie Treats with Fruity Pebbles instead of Rice Krispies is the most amazing thing ever.

They had a flavor dubbed something like “X-13” which was cheeseburger pickle. Not as good as one might think, unfortunately.

Anyone here try some of those chocolate-covered scorpions?

i looove fruity pebbles but i dont like the fruity pebble cereal bars becuase they put that fake milk stuff in the middle and it makes it taste weird …

I don’t care for the cereal mentioned but have never had the spin-off product. However, I would say that if a marketing giveaway is giving away four at a time - someone is really trying to get rid of them quickly.

I have not tried scorpion. But I have had chocolate covered ants, and grasshoppers. The ants weren’t as bad as you’d think texturally, because they are so small. A but like an over-crisp puffed rice treat. But ants taste like dill, and dill doesn’t go well with chocolate. So there’s that.

As for the grasshoppers the texture got me there. They are crunchy in a brittle, fragile, blown glass sort of way that had me actually afraid to swallow them. I’m betting we’ll find out that the roach eating guy died of a thousand tiny cuts from those little carapaces.

Didn’t they switch back, with everyone complaining that they liked the fruit shapes better? Or did they switch a third time?

As for fruit flavors: I don’t like Fruity Pebbles, but the Fruity Dyno-bites were good last I had them.

It tastes like sadness.
It tastes like batteries.
It tastes like asses.

I have liked Fruity Pebbles in the past, so I would like to see a review from someone who likes them, to see if they liked the crisps. This guy likes Fruity Pebbles and likes the crisps, so it probably works for people who like the cereal.

So they are probably not the worst food. Just some bunnies don’t like it.

Can’t buy in Switzerland. Probably best for me. I probably ate these for dinner once a week during my first year in college.

Also in my 50s. I want Fruity Pebbles. Or Lucky Charms. Or maybe both. I think I will be placing an order for American (junk) food.

Love Honeycomb. At least the last time I had it, maybe 10 years ago? Also not available, but Cap’n Crunch is, so I can ruin the inside of my mouth. Yum!

Of course, I may not to be the best judge of what’s tasty. This is what I’m currently drinking:

Except I made it will Corona. THE beer of the pandemic, which seems to be always on sale.

Now to go spend money!

Thanks! I’m actually fine with everything except straight milk, so will look for these.

A point emphasized to us in USAF survival school was to chew larger bugs thoroughly, no matter how off-putting that brittle crunchiness is. And the taste’s pretty off-putting too for most of them, ants excepted.

Doing the “Chomp Gulp” with a partly dismembered but still alive grasshopper is pretty well a guaranteed life-threatening crisis when it gets halfway down your throat, realizes “This ain’t good”, and splays its limbs out in every direction jamming itself thoroughly in your glottis.

You will thereby “escape” your survival situation, but probably not in the way you intended.

I’m not sure what the worst food item in existence is, but I am certain I saw it when I visited the Donghuamen night market in Beijing. The deep fried centipedes in particular creeped me out.

The market was closed down in 2016, but I’m sure the “food” is still available elsewhere…