I can do it in 8 minutes.

Solve a Rubik’s cube that is.

“So what?” you’re thinking. “I’ve seen videos of guys doing them in 30 seconds.”

Well, you know what I say to that? Good for them. I’ve never been able to solve a Rubik’s cube before. I don’t think I’ve even really tried before today. Oddly enough, as busy as I’ve been all week, I’ve had absolutely nothing to do all day today. So I sat down with a Rubik’s cube that a friend of mine had that was all messed up and figured out all the formulas for solving it and memorized them.

Only took me a couple of hours. Now I can do it in 8 minutes.

May not be a big deal to you, but for someone like me who isn’t very intelligent, or that good with puzzles, it’s a grand accomplishment. I’m proud dang it.

:wink:

I solved one in about an hour when I was nine but I had to take off the stickers and rearrange them to do it. I guess that it not the fastest or the most preferred method. Good for you.

I had a friend in high school who would solve Rubik’s Cubes quickly. I’d jumble one for a half hour or so, and within minutes, it’d be back to normal. I hated his ability to do that.

So the next time he passed it to me to shuffle around, I pulled off some stickers and switched them around, too, making the cube impossible to solve.

He worked on that for three days before accusing me of trickery. I still feel vaguely guilty about that…

The formulas I use, I’d be able to tell pretty quickly if you messed up my cube. Which I just proved to my friend Prophet who did just that.

Told me he was gonna mess it up for me to solve and took it with him over to his desk… then took the damn thing apart and put it back together wrong.

Bastard.

I showed him tho’.

:wink:

I tried to solve a Rubik’s cube once, using the take-off-the-stickers-and-put-them-on-in-the-right-places method, but even that was a little much for me. :wink: To any extent, I’m thoroughly impressed and very proud of Simetra’s 8 minute record.