I can't believe I'm starting the MMP

Oh, noes! My Microsoft 365 account is in the process of being deactivated! I have to confirm my account pronto!

Except… the ‘confirm account’ button’s link is ‘oldmcdonald.had-a.phish.farm’ :rofl:

Good to hear! I was wondering. Come back soon.

Thanks for the encouragement. We are off to the event. I will report back

Nice haul on the pic-a-nic table and RoxStar table Mooooooom.

Hi emily! Glad you’re back. :slight_smile:

Got groceries, took Nelson to the dog park and picked up a stoner special at Cook Out. It’s been a fairly nice day outside, low 80s and low humidity. It’s supposed to get hot again tomorrow though. I’ll go sweep the patio in a bit. Then it’s sloth time.

Howdy Y’all! We completed all the mowage at the church house today. The weather was nice enough, not too hot or humid, and even some cloud cover, so we just kept goin’ until it was done. Almost five hours worth of keepin’ on goin’. Call us butter ‘cause we were on a roll! I even did sump’n unheard of today. I shall spoiler it to spare the feint of heart. I did not achieve nappage! If any of you felt the need to clutch your pearls and faint, it is not my fault. I warned you it was shockin’.

Hippie hope you enjoy the reunion. My high school fiftieth will be next year. I am sure I shall not bother just as I have not bothered with any of the others since my tenth. Even then, I ducked out right after dinner. Big ol’ YAWNER it was.

{{{MG}}} :: tacklehug :: glad you stopped by!

Home, cleaned up (I even washed my hair!) and creating a To-Do List for the weekend. Which is actually a weekend! Sheesh, I haven’t worked M-F in a really long time.

I started a small cross-stitch project out of some of the stuff my friend sent me. If I can get my shit together it finished before the holidays, I’m hoping to send it back to her as a Christmas present.

Glad to hear (read?) it.

Oh, you so funny.

Dang. There’s a life lesson or three in that. One of which is, being a popular cheerleader doesn’t spare you from misery.

I like your style.

Good for you for going! I’m sure you’ll get a few good stories out of it … that one asshole popular jock is now fat & bald, yes?

{ props chin on hands } Tell me more.

Me too. :slight_smile:

I got all the stuff out of the china cabinet and out of the way, then lifted one end way up, got the rug out with my foot, and repeated on other side. |flexes muscles| Then I dusted and put back all the china cabinet stuff and replaced the hooch in the booze cart. Took out trash–which I normally wouldn’t count as a big deal, but as the compactor is broken, TPTB brought in an 8-ft.-tall dumpster, so I had to fling it way over my head. Trash-hurling, soon to be an Olympic event. Our uniforms will be old bags with arm, leg, and head holes cut out.

I am now waiting for the guy from the thrift shop.I think he’s coming alone. :hushed: I mean, I can help, but at 5’2, I’m not much taller than the table when it’s turned sideways.

shoe, yay on getting an actual weekend!

|waves enthusiastically at EmilyG|

We went to Paso del Norte for dinner. We both had two fish tacos a la carte. The Missus had a side of frijoles negros that she hardly ate, and I had three of six hot wings. Mrs,. L.A. had a grande blackberry margarita, and I had two grande Cadillac margaritas.

The propane patio heater came today. Maybe I’ll put it together.

T’was much too windy to spark up the grill, so It was a burger and corn stove top style fer dinner.

Alas, I only got 10 of 14 drawer fronts properly laminated, with the remaining 4 halfway done. Tis a really annoying thing to do. 3/4" sides of drawer fronts get laminated, then tops and bottoms, then the front.

Routing the edges between all steps. Makes for a long process. It was a 3 dustpan day of laminate chips anyway.

nellie (Crap, I’m never sure about nick names) The trash hurling
Olympic event I’m picturing much like the hammer throw, couple of spins, let it fly.

shoe I too want to now what the stoner special from Cook Out is. I used to live in the part of the country where Cook out exists. Great shakes, hush puppies, and burgers.

I have to do this at work. It’s no fun.

Oh! Speaking of “trash at work” we had a s$%#-ton of boxes to break down, and one was juuuust the right size for a kitty. Brought it home, and both Monkey and Nikki have verified that they fits.
And therefore, they sits.

Gots paid today :money_mouth_face: so I decided someone else was making my damn dinner tonight. Settled on a 6" from Subway, but treated myself to adding avocado to it. (I get this weird sandwich every time: turkey, spinach, onions. Sometimes cheese, sometimes mayo. That’s it, that’s all I want.)

Sandwich dinner is halfway assimilated, and I am excited to hop back onto this cross-stitch project before I lose momentum.

I kinda made an error, but I’m gonna turn it into a feature. Basically, I split the 6-strand thread wrong: instead of 3 and 3, I started using 4 strands for the green grass.
So, imma use 3 for the stream running through the grass, and hopefully that will give some texture contrast.

… or it’ll look like crap. Who knows? :crazy_face:

@ shoe and VanGo : I call any tray at Cook Out a stoner special, given the choice of sides. I got a steak style burger with a chicken wrap and a quesadilla for sides (I’m not much of a french fry fan, so’s it works for me). I had the chicken wrap as my evening snack and the burger and quesadilla for supper. The prices are pretty good too.

The Wife bought a patio heater.

I spent an hour putting it together.

The damned thing won’t stay lit. :frowning:

How long does it stay lit, and how well? I used to trouble-shoot the outdoor heaters at my favorite pub down here.

Everybody is fed, appropriate drugs and mood-alterers have been distributed to all, and we are ready for take-off.

“Ah, tower…Flight 420 rolling.”

I held the knob down for three to five minutes. As soon as I let it up, it went out. I guess we know why it was returned. I don’t know if Mrs. L.A. will send it back (she has free returns). I suppose we could tie the knob down with a zip tie. :frowning:

Probably an igniter problem. Returning it is the correct thing to do. Could be a very minor fix, but better to make it somebody else’s problem.

It ignites just fine. I just can’t release the knob or it will go out.

I LOL’d.

Went for a short drive-around, to listen to the radio (yeah, I’m old) and catch the evening breeze, and to get outta the :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: house for a bit.

While doing so, I thought of something I oughta do.
What, I have no idea, as I promptly forgot.

This is why I write shit down on lists.

Now I have that “tip of the tongue” feeling … I can aaaallllmost remember … but not quite.

Furniture guy came. I brought down a couple of chairs, but he did the rest by himself. Nice guy. And now I have space, glorious space. Hey, kids, time for a sock hop!

I’ve been dreading tomorrow. I guess everyone has. Hard to believe it’s been 20 years since it happened and five years since I taught it.

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to heave.

That, and a cooler.

Yay! Thanks for stopping by. :slight_smile:

The reunion went better than I had even hoped. It was very nice to see the cliques all gone and people just happy to reconnect. I did well, recognizing about 75% of them.