I Can't Believe You Raped A Pit Bull

What do you think a decent rehabilitation rate would be?

yes, there are. Therapy does work. Federal stats show that sex offenders reoffend far less often than any other type. yet, somehow whenever one of these threads gets started the same crap always shows up.
(understanding that we’d hope for a zero reoffence rate. frankly I think we need a better mechanism to figure out which ones do reoffend.)

Metacom, since we’re talking about potentially permanent mental and physical damage, if not death, of the most vulnerable of our society, emotionally, I’d settle for 100%.

'Fraid I don’t have a clue what our legal system would accept.

100% is the only acceptable rehabilitation rate. Otherwise, on a world of 6 billion, any thing found to have committed such vile acts needs to be removed from the general population. Once we have surety that the death penalty makes no mistakes and treats all races and social classes equally, I’ll fully back that. Lacking that, throw it in a cell and lose the key. That goes for all rapists and sexual predators, not just those that target children.

Please cite any APA or AMA approved therapy that does not have a 90% recidivism rate.

One of them defrauded a S & L, one of them became a Governor, and one took his first term Governorship all the way to become President!

please cite large national study showing a 90% relapse rate (ie another sexual offense). In the meantime, look at the department of justice data wrt convicted sex offenders studying over 9000 released SO in 1994, showed less than 6% committed another sex offense (although of released offenders, they are more likely than other offenders to commit a sex offense, what that means is that other released offenders are very very unlikely to commit a sex offense).

note that this study doesn’t even include data on programming. I would suggest to you that whatever they were doing in 1994 works pretty damn well.

care to cough up data to support that 90% number now?

Except that everything you are saying is blatently wrong. Please cite your fantastic claims.

hey asshole - I just cited that 94% don’t reoffend just what exactly do you claim is wrong? and of course you have proof (since I just cited mine)

Look up.

With the crimes he committed(Yes, he hasn’t been convicted, but by at least the reported evidence the rape of the dog was directly witnessed) having him raped by fellow convicts in the future does nothing.

It teaches no lesson and only provides schadenfreude for those who see violence and corporal punishment as the solution to crime.

It perpetuates the cycle of abuser and abused. Of the strong preying on the weak.

I do believe pedophiles need to be kept from society until rehabilitated. Even after rehabilitation I personally do not trust their reintroduction into society.

What many are speaking of is nothing short of vigilante justice, gathering the torch wielding villagers together for a lynching.

Did we learn nothing from the Nightmare on Elm Street movies?

Yea, because the unjustly incinerated pose a huge threat to the lives and dreams of our children.

I pray that that was a joke, but with you I’m never quite sure.

First statement: OK, that as stated I can respect fully.

Last statement: Am I to assume that it is in order to deliver him to the proper authorities in order to give him that trial so he can be convicted…? That must be what you mean, in view of statement #1, right…? :dubious:

Err…

If we’re incinerating people unjustly, are children should be really, really fucking afraid, and they should also be stocking up on SPF 1.232e8.

If this alleged perpetrator winds up back on the street and is someday tapped for a renewed Selective Service draft, there could be a weird Alice’s Restaurant moment.
"…there was all kinds of mean nasty ugly-looking people on the bench there. Mother rapers. Father stabbers. Father rapers! Pit-bull rapers sitting right there on the bench next to me!"

The last line was made in jest, but with as obtuse as you generally are I’m unsurprised you stumbled over it.

I’ve got something really scary for you. This guy isn’t Freddy, Jason, or Michael. He’s your neighbor, co-worker, relative, or friend. Does he have serious problems? Um, yeah, duh. Does he need to be kept out of civilisation and away from potential victims? Once again, duh, yeah. But to talk about him like he’s a sub-human monster is just reduces you to his level. You see, he wasn’t harming humans or animals, he was “playing with toys” that didn’t matter to him. Until you can say somebody as sick/evil/cruel as him matters to you at all, you’re no better, just usually more discreet.
I will admit I wouldn’t lose any sleep for him had the poor dog chewed off his genitals; but at the same time, to wish something like that on anybody makes me no better. I might not be, but at least I try.

• DESK

I was going to be snarky with you, but I’m trying not to be too much of an asshole these days. I understand what you’re saying (you even went so far as to add a dubious smiley, thanks!), but I also originally stated that I have no sympathy for those who would harm children.

This allows me to hold both positions. I’m not saying this makes it right, but when you go after kids, all bets are off (and believe me, I’m not one those “But what about the children” types).

To clarify my second statement, he’d better hope the authorities get to him first because we’re talking about MY children.

Sometimes when certain beliefs become widespread, and certain opinions become universal, I start to wonder if there’s some sort of propaganda or something like that pushing them. wring already cited what’s been well-illustrated elsewhere on these boards - not only are recidivism rates not shown to be high among sex offenders, but they’re actually lower than those of other crimes. Further, claiming that rehabilitation is ineffective is a nonsensical claim, given that our justice system doesn’t even try to provide it.

There’s something about the common belief that sex offenders are more likely to reoffend and the absolute rage people show in response to any story about it - rage to the point that they’re willing to abandon basic principles of our justice system (the punishment should fit the crime, innocent until proven guilty, and so on.) There’s something deeply unsettling about this; these threads remind me of “Two Minutes of Hate” in 1984 - I just can’t help but wonder if someone is benefiting from this.

It’s my nature to be compassionate, even to those who least deserve it. I think it’s better to try to help people who are fucked up inside than to hate them and try to get revenge. And I think it’s scary to see what this lust for vengeance has done it the past. Did you know that some people caught up in the Satanic ritual abuse craze in the 1980s were only released last year? I think it’s telling to examine what people say in here, because these attitudes are the same ones that got people thrown in jail twenty years ago for nonexistent crimes.

You’re right. Everyone who’s calling for his blood is a child molesting pit bull fucker.

Those “toys” are not for him to “play” with. How he felt about what he was doing at the time is irrelevent, what’s done is done. He deserves to be punished to the full extent of the law, what ever it allows. It’s just unfortunate that the death penalty probably isn’t an option.

I’ll go back to fucking my puppies now. :rolleyes: