I Damned Near Committed Mass Murder Today

I think it’s time for you to put together a business plan, take it to the bank, and start up your very own shop. Go to all those businesses that are waiting for their stuff, and let them know that you’re ready and willing to get the parts to them much sooner than they would otherwise. Wait and watch as PP loses the Honda biz, then swoop in and snatch that as well.

All of this while working more efficiently than PP’s place, so you can underbid him at every turn, and still thrive.

Even though we work in completely unrelated fields, Tuckerfan (I’m in software development), this sounds so, so familiar. It’s a popular project managment strategy called “Making it up as you go along.” Say anything to get the contract and wing it.

Best of luck (really, not sarcastically).

Bwahahahaha.

Sorry, had to get that out of my system. I worked as a machinist for years and have seen some of the crap you are going through. I got a job at another bigger shop by talking with a tool salesman. If you get the chance chat them up, they usually know who’s hiring or moving around.

On another note, I own a mill with a friend of mine, make some money nights and weekends freelancing. Any chance of subcontracting? :wink:

- Mr Goob shaking his head at the idea of beating a quill out with a hammer…

Bite your tongue you…you…you…over-generalizer you!

Bosda Di’Chi of Tricor, hadn’t thought of them, but considering how much crap I have to put up with at work, it’s a wonder I can still think.

**NurseCarmen/b], uh, the banks don’t lke me. . .

Mr. Goob, sadly, I don’t have any of my own gear (other than various hand tools), or believe me, I’d be in business for myself.

Tuckerfan,
Move to Texas. Here in DFW there seems to be a pretty steady demand for machinists between GM, Vought, Bell Helicopter, etc. It’s also hot and dry and there are plenty of places to park a trailer. :slight_smile: We also have more than our fair share of idiots, so you won’t get homesick over your old job.