I despair of today's youth.

Your friends were killed in a car crash. So do you mourn them sensibly, or do you gather at the site of the crash, by the side of the road, spilling onto that road, dashing over the road in turn to take photographs?

Need I mention that the road is a dual carriageway? Used by juggernauts? Going downhill on a bend?

Need I mention that not only was this the evening, but there was a haar, with visibility being as little as 50 feet?

All I can do is shake my head and despair.

It is as it ever was.

Every generation despaired of “today’s youth”. There are stupid people in every generation. There were stupid people in your generation, too.

What amuses me, though, is there’s three things in that OP that are new to me:

never heard of in this context:

juggernaut
dual carriageway

never heard of at all:

haar

Kids today.

Kids yesterday!

I’m 36.

Hardee haar haar.

Yep, every older generation thinks the younger generation is making society worse. Unfortunately, they’ve all been right.

Matter of opinion. I think we live in the best of times, especially for women. I think it can only get better.

‘‘It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times? YOU STUPID MONKEY!!!’’

At least this is probably a one-time thing. I live near the “wine country” in California, and you haven’t seen young and dumb until you’ve seen groups of young women (pre-bridal parties, guessing from the way they are dressed) running into the roads to take pictures of each other. Every damn time I go through I see more of them.

I don’t understand this at all but it makes me snicker.

I did say sorry about the “old woman”, but from behind you looked…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcSUWP0QNeY&nomobile=1

Taking pictures? Of the crash?? :confused:

Probably of the (whatever) they hit and/or the pile of flowers/teddy bears/photos/other mourny crap piled in a heap at the site.

Get off my lawn!

Used to give the Err Apparent shit about so much X-box time. Then he talked me into playing Halo. He should go to the library more often. Play outside. Go somewhere.

Could be worse. He could have sucked you into World of Warcraft. Seen some good ones go by the wayside over that!

Yes, definitely. They have a lot more video games there. Books? Not so much anymore.