I don't care what anybody says

Van Halen’s Dance the Night Away is one of the greatest rock songs ever written.

Prove me wrong, I dare you.

Humans Being - by Van Halen

Not as the greatest rock song, but the greatest rock song by Van Halen.

I’m more of a The Boys are Back in Town kinda guy.

Van Halen’s ‘Jump’ brings back the nights in high school when I would literally dance until I couldn’t stand up anymore.

Including the time I tried to keep dancing anyway; when that song came on, I had climbed up onto a big block <was part of the dance floor> to rest, and HAD to keep dancing. So…I ‘jumped’ down to my partner…and went crashing to the ground as my legs said “Screw you, we’re done”.

So every time I hear that song, I blush and cringe…and still want to dance. :stuck_out_tongue:

Moved MPSIMS --> Cafe Society.

Only a fool would try.

It’s definitely my favorite Van Halen song.

It was a very hot summer night in Denver.
I had to go to work the next day and was sleeping in a house without AC. (Back in 1979, most Denverites did not have AC.)
We lived across the street from an all-night laundromat. The laundromat had a jukebox.
Someone played Van Halen’s ‘Dance the Night Away.’
And played it, and played it, and played it.
Played it the night away, pretty much.
I think my brother finally walked across the street and asked them to at least change the record.

Ehhhh…

I understand where you’re coming from. When I’ve been drinking, I tell my wife that the three greatest rock songs ever written are:

I Wanna Hold Your Hand - Beatles
We’re Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister
My Life - Billy Joel

They all have a pure rebellious quality that I just love. Your song has a certain carefree charm. But it’s just Van Halen’s 12th best song (or thereabouts). I just can’t put it #1 when “Everybody Wants Some” is out there. I mean, you don’t get any more pure than that…

Joe

In your opinion. I don’t share it.

It’s only the second best rock song by that name (Cream’s was better).

And I can think of 15 Van Halen songs I like better than that one.