I fear I'm about to lose my country

Yeah it makes no sense, that’s why I think it’s what in Spanish is known as a “Manotazo de ahogado”, the last futile attempts of a person who’s drowning to save himself.

So the presidential address came and went and he announced… nothing new apparently, old laws that he hated (about not buying from companies who do business in the islands) apparently are good now, and the Navy is going to have a base in Tierra del Fuego! (Except that base was already in construction under the previous government and construction was halted by one Milei, J.)
He babbled something about a “Council of National Security” which is sure as hell ominous considering what “National Security” has been the excuse for in the past (Several friends of my parents disappeared because they were apparently a menace to “national security”…)

Yeah, that reeks of payouts to “informants”, ratting out your business rivals for being “disloyal” and the rest…

As you mentioned a few posts back, scrambling for anything he can and (probably) stirring up distrust between people so that they don’t concentrate on him.