I feel the need to witness

SDMB member straykat23 asked a few days ago if anyone had been converted to Christianity by what they’ve read on the board. Conversely I wanted to ask if anyone had abandoned their religion based on what they’ve read here. However, that is not the question here.

I want to state that boards like SDMB where different ideas and theology are discussed and debated is quite helpful, particularily for folks still trying to discover truth.

To disclose some of my history, I was raised in a Pentecostal chuch. We thought the Baptists were too liberal. However, as I grew older, and hopefully wiser, that theology seemed no narrow for a real God. Like many other people I’ve engaged myself in a spirtual journey. I’ve found the teachings of many faiths instructing and helpful.

I’d like to thank the folks on this board who have, sometimes unwittingly, sparked interest in authors I’ve never heard of or books I should read.

In that vein, I’d like to share this link, http://www.swuuc.org/horizon/ps/spirituality.htm, to one of my favorite spritual statements.

That should be “seemed too narrow”