I forget, do we have a general HurricaneDitka Pit thread?

It’s like we need a pit reason to pit Octopus’ older brother? Seriously, they are from the same nest.

Pit fail. Hurricane Ditka is smarter than the OP.

Talk about damning with faint praise…

Regards,
Shodan

If he is, it does not show on this board.

Doubtful.

If there was any doubt if HurricaneDitka’s support of Trump was related to possible sympathy for white supremacists and white supremacism:

Not much doubt any more, ISTM.

He definitely posted that for the effect.

And what would that effect be?

I hope no one tries to get him to explain this. No good is going to come from that. Best to not feed.

You have a very strong tendency to to look at things through a racial lens. But you need to appreciate that not everyone else does.

Cite

I’m speechless

First, I don’t have much sympathy for the guys at Waco. Ruby Ridge was a disaster, but shit happens sometimes. Neither, under any circumstances or any view of the facts, justify OK City Federal Building bombing.

Most people that I’ve spoken to who have expressed a belief that black people (or Jews, or Mexicans, or some other ethnic/racial/etc. group) are inferior in some way (this is just an example – I’m not aware of HD saying anything like this directly) don’t actually believe they are racist, and are aghast if/when anyone says that anything they’ve said or done is racist. Sympathizing with/supporting a white supremacist mass murderer is “looking at things through a racial lens”, whether one realizes it or not.

It’s possible that HD is just trolling, and it’s probably even possible that his sympathy for the motives and actions of a white supremacist mass murderer like McVeigh is unrelated to white supremacism, but the latter strikes me as unlikely enough to put into that little basket of things that are not really worth considering without really strong evidence.

Did you just call Andy4eyes a racist? I seriously doubt that is anywhere near the case.

That’s not how I interpreted what he said. I took it as something like “quit making everything about race!”

He didn’t sign on to agree with McVeigh’s entire worldview. He was discussing McVeigh’s bombing, which AFAICT was primarily motivated by anti-government views and not white supremacism. Which is certainly what HD seemed to be assuming, at any rate, because the Waco incident had nothing to do with White supremacism.

Ya know, I’ve always been okay with HD, but, wow. That really shades my opinion quite a bit.

Occam’s Razor says the answer is trolling.

IMO, ignoring or failing to see open white supremacism is just as much “looking at things through a racial lens” as pointing it out.

But trolling seems just as likely to me, based on various other posts of his that strike me as probable trolling.

Aside from that Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?

Like I said-- no good is going to come from this.