I gave my credit card to my "best friend"

She’ll look at you as a walking ATM. You’re enchanted by her looks and can’t refuse a request for money and she knows this now.

Duuuude really? :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s what happens when you think with your “little head”.

:smiley:

Prolly the same way she looked at you before this latest unfortunate occurrence, sans any trace of doubt. Best advice: pretend she doesn’t exist. Don’t go out of your way to interact with her, don’t nurse any hopes of getting with her, be polite but curt if she happens to see you around. IOW, fuhgeddaboudit.

Really, cause it sure came across that way. Regardless, you ain’t old… wait til you’re my age! Ha ha.

And FYI, Enkutatash is Sept 11:

(No, I’m not either)
:wink:

Well I hashed it out with the mods and I am A-OK. I was thoughtless but all I meant in that post was to question him as to what New Year it could possibly be in middish Sept. Period. Given the nature of the thread, it probably would have been wiser to wait until a few other posters had chimed in before I posted my questioning post. But alas, hindsight is 20/20.

And how are you anyway? I’m 38. I think im feeling old because I found my first bald spot! :frowning:

For $75 I’ll be your best friend. Do you have PayPal?

$50! I got him for 50 bucks! OP, do you like dudes too? :cool:

No telling what she could have gotten from you if you were to be bewitched by her good looks then.

You might be buying her a car.

After an hour and a half of persuasion, you handed your credit card to a neighbour who have previously borrowed money from you and not repaid it?

Because you liked her looks?

You deserved the lecture, dude. Which left you lying down depressed for 7 hrs?

And ‘WE decided…’, really? WE ? Way to shift your ownership in this.

Seriously?

Now I’m curious just how old/young you are too.

He said he’s 29.

1. Sigh. But no bald spot yet, so there’s that.

I had that happen to me once. A neighbor said she was desperate, and I gave her $20. Thought I might at least get a date out of it, but after that, she was always “busy.” I consider it a lesson learned.

Rub it in, dick. :wink: I started to go grey at 18 and I comforted myself by telling myself that my incredibly thick bushy hair, while greying, would never start falling out. Now I just stare at my head and weep. Weep for what is lost. And for losses yet to come. So now I’m 38 and balding on top with white all around the temples. Good thing I got this wheelchair to hide myself in. Otherwise I might become self-conscious. :smiley:

I have a feeling the “medication” was “medical” marijuana or something similar.

If this comes up, use Western Union to wire her the money. There’s a fee, but no one can hit you for more.

The plot thickens. Information that could have been included in the first post is now leaking out little by little.

And I think you mean, “I would be lying if I said I wasn’t bewitched by her good looks.”

I can’t believe she had the nerve to ask you about a credit card when you told her you didn’t have the cash. “I need to borrow money, so I expect *you *to borrow it to give to me.” That was the red flag right there.

Seminal advice columnist Ann Landers used to say, “Nobody can take advantage of you without your permission.” Please don’t give her permission anymore. Cancelling the credit card was a smart move.

Education isn’t free, T-minus. Some dudes end up buying cars and shit, sometimes getting married, having their seed turned into hateful demons, and then getting horribly divorced, before they work out what a predator looks like, so $80 is actually a bargain.

But you can turn this around. Any time you see her in the company of friends, yell to her, “Hey! Where’s my money!” Here’s a few good examples of how to phrase it if you need help moving a conversation to the needful topic

Hey now! Us legit MM patients do not appreciate your use of scare quotes!! And by “legit”, I mean able to pony up the $60 fee to be “evaluated” by the in-house dispensary Dr. who determined that yes, we needed a “prescription” for weed. :slight_smile:

When men get taken in by the bewitching good looks of a deceitful woman, $60 is near the extreme low end of the scale of costs.

If you manage to learn the obvious lesson* from this, consider yourself lucky.
*If you’re like most men, you won’t: “The burnt fool’s bandaged finger goes wobbling back to the fire.”