I got a letter today from the man that robbed me.

[hijack] This month in O, the Oprah Magazine, November.

There is an incredible interview with a man named Elie Wiesel and about how he survived the Holocaust. He has won a Nobel Peace prize in 1986. He has written over 40 books.
His most famous, from what I can gleen, is *Night * about his trials and horrors of being in a death camp. I have heard about him, but knew nothing about him until this article.

Everyone here has seen the famous death camp inmate photo of an emaciated man leaning against a pole in the cramped barracks.The mans ribs are very visible and his pants are falling off of him. The barracks are three beds high and filled with hollow faces and empty eyes. In the middle bunk looking right at the camera is Elie Wiesel. He is about 15. Knowing this just blows my mind.

Despite all that he has been through he carries no hatred in his heart. I mean, he witnessed the nazi’s throwing babies into the furnaces and watching his father die of starvation and he carries no hatred.

A sampling:

Oprah: And isn’t it true that to begin with, those who hate other really hate themselves?

Elie: Yes. They need to hate in order to feel superior.

Anyways, Silverfire sounds like she’s a little bit like this man, moving beyong the incident and learning from the experience. To carry hatred in your heart will only consume you.

Pardon me for the ramble.

[/hijack]

Thank you, Shirley. :slight_smile: