I got accused of being a pedophile today...

Twelve years old is not a little kid. By the way it sounds, Chekmate didn’t do anything that would be considered abuse.

But I kind of agree with Krisfer the Cat. It’s just not cool for an 18 year old man to be trickling a 12 year old girl, or boy.

echokitty- It’s societal. If a teacher knocked up a 6th grade girl, he would be dead. If the female teacher gets knocked up by the 6th grade boy, she gets some jail time (about a year IIR) and then paroled… and then right back in jail when she does it again.
That, and if I had gotten some action from a 20+ woman when I was 12, I would have been as happy as a clam. Go me!! :slight_smile:

Scylla’s story, and the chicken little panic messages throughout this thead is a perfect example of why I hate coming back to North America.

Bloody unhealthy. Not cool indeed. What is not cool is a society whipping itself into a witch-hunt like frenzy over normal human contact and behavior due to irrational reading and overreporting of generally limited events.

Ha. It happened to a friend of mine, and the guy isn’t dead. He didn’t even go to jail. Her parents refused to press charges because they didn’t want a scandal.

Yeah, there’s a gereral hyper sensitivity to the whole thing. Probably based on centuries of children being abused with no way for them to stop it.

But remember. The girl said she was touched in an inappropriate way. Are we suppose to call her a liar, or saying she’s making too much out of it? What’s innocent touching or playing around to one person, may be inappropriate to another.

We need to respect each others personal space. When in doubt, don’t touch! Especially if it’s an adult thinking about touching an adolesent girl.

It isn’t just in your mind. Women are far less likely be sexual predators than men.

If she didn’t want you tickling her, why didn’t she punch you in the balls?

If someone was tickling ME and I didn’t like it, I’de tell them off or punch them in the balls. simple as that. the little girl was a wimp.

I certainly wouldn’t fuck anyone over.

unless I didn’t like them…

I find myself incapable of forming a complete response to this that would be appropriate outside the Pit. I can only say that I hope you never say anything like this in front of a sexual assault victim.

Umm if you aren’t her father, borther, or uncle you dont need to tickle 12 year old girls if your 18. Its not that girls with fuck you over I know my share of guys that will fuck a girl over just b\c they can. Men should not tickle girls unless they are her father borther or uncle. when I was 12 my father would have killed any man other then my unlces that tried to tickle me or hug me or anything else… Play it safe and dont tickle girls if they aren’t your sister or something.

You are not cool. You are a fool. When I was your age I had better things to do with my time than to hang out with juveniles. 18 means adult dim wit. You are an ADULT. Playing mister tickle cool older brother with sombodys 12 year old daughter doesn’t make you an upstanding citezen. If it were my 12 year old daughter you would be in for a “love letter” from me dude. An angry father is nobody to cross. Trust me. My suggestion if you are not convicted with agg. sexual battery is join the military. They’ll teach you tickle me elmo is for kids…Real quick

You are not cool. You are a fool. When I was your age I had better things to do with my time than to hang out with juveniles. 18 means adult dim wit. You are an ADULT. Playing mister tickle cool older brother with sombodys 12 year old daughter doesn’t make you an upstanding citezen. If it were my 12 year old daughter you would be in for a “love letter” from me dude. An angry father is nobody to cross. Trust me. My suggestion if you are not convicted with agg. sexual battery is join the military. They’ll teach you tickle me elmo is for kids…Real quick

<cheesy austrailian accent> Wow! 'ave a look at those little beauts! Genuine twins!</accent>

Seriously, FeFe and Snugglebear…overreact much? Did you read the OP? The whole thing? Chekmate said he’s been doing exactly what he did for five years. So, back when he was thirteen himself, he was messing around, doing what kids do, having fun. Do you honestly think he even imagined the possibility of someone, especially the kids he was playing with, having an inkling of an idea to maybe interpret that as possibly offensive?

You get out of bed every morning and put your feet on the floor. It’s the floor. You never think, “ok, I’m going to put my feet down there…I hope it’s the floor again today…”

Say one day you get up, put your feet on the floor, and step on a cockroach. From then on, either you look first, or you wear socks to bed.

From now on Chekmate is going to have to be more careful. I really don’t think the OP warranted insults or threats. Try being a little more respectful.

Try to be more respectful to what garfield226? You gotta be kidding me…I hope you are.
You think it’s “ok” to tickle and play with other peoples children without their consent?
If you do I got news for ya, it’s called attempted aggrevated sexual battery here in the states. You DO NOT touch children without the parents consent.
EVER !

Gotta agree with Garfield226.

A friend of ours here is in his early 20’s and all he has ever wanted to be is a kindergarten teacher. He loves kids, he loves playing with kids.

My daughter had the only male teacher when she was in nursery school, and he was by far the most popular teacher in the place, simply because he roughhoused more than the women teachers.

I’ve never thought that either of these guys are strange or potentially pedophiles, no more than the women teachers anyway.

Twelve is a difficult age. Not an adult, not a child, not quite a teenager. Some 12 year olds are very mature, others are still playing with Barbie/GI Joe. Roughhousing may be OK with some, but not with others.

Unfortunately, its best to be on the safe side and say that any child over the age of 10 is off-limits. Yes, its sad, but its better to be safe than sorry.

He just did say this to several sexual assualt victims. :mad:

kevja is absolutly right here tsubaki. Have you ever concidered the rethorical skills of a 12 year old? I was pretty sharp when I was twelve and I knew when something was wrong.
I do not take checkmate’s post at face value. :rolleyes:

Snugglebear, I never said that the girl was lying, or that she didn’t feel violated. Actually, if you read my post, you will see that I said “roughhousing may be OK with some, but not with others.” Obviously you can’t judge by looking which kids will be comfortable with roughhousing, so you should probably not do it at all.

What I AM saying is that Chekmate isn’t necessarily stupid for doing what he did. Naive, maybe, but far from being a pedophile. And as a guy who likes spending time with kids, it must be a real shock to be thought of as one.

Ok, point by point:

A) Try to be more respectful to the OP. There’s no reason for insults here, that’s what the pit is for.

B) I’m not kidding. Well, except for the wearing socks to bed part, that just feels weird.

C) No, I don’t think it’s “ok” to tickle and play with other people’s children without their parents’ (or the children’s) consent. That’s not what the OP was doing, unless he’s been playing with the neighborhood kids on the sly for five years, which I highly doubt. I think the parent knew he was in the group of kids who were playing. I think she was aware of the types of things going on. if this was the case, I think it’s a simple situation of the girl misinterpreting what happened, and the parent not bothering to check out the story before accusing Chekmate. If that was not the case, of course, then I’ll do a bit more thinking.

D) I’m in the states. The Austrailian reference was an allusion to Steve Irwin, Croc Hunter. It’s rare that I come across two consecutive posts in the same thread with such…uhh…need-for-reply…

E) I could come up with an extreme situation which would involve the need to touch a child without the parents’ consent (e.g. child hurt, but still in a dangerous situation; child tripping, you catch him; child running into the path of a bus, you stop him; etc. ad nausem), but suffice it to say that there are, indeed, situations in which it would be necessary to touch, and gasp! even pick up or hold a child without first obtaining the parents’ express written consent (heck, even implied oral consent).

Like I said before, Chekmate needs to be more careful, but I don’t think there’s cause for anything more than the parent (or even the girl with her mother) explaining to Chekmate what exactly the girl felt about the situation, and what will (and won’t) happen next time. If he’s an adult now, then why’s the woman still hoping that daddy can fix things, instead of going to him directly?

and on preview:

Well that’s too bad, considering that’s what keeps this place running. Sure, you take the posts with a grain of salt, but if we all just start disbelieving one another then there isn’t any reason to post, other than to call each other liars. There isn’t anything I found unbelievable about the OP. I don’t think anyone would want to ignore the girl entirely, but I don’t necessarily think her word AUTOMATICALLY overrides that of Chekmate’s.

No it is based on a good decade or two of irrational squeeling in North American media. Centuries my ass.

Personal space my ass.

As I said, this is precisely why I hate coming back to North America with its fucked up obsessions.

Yes, I know. But I meant in person, where she might have to deal with real consequences to her thoughtless words.