[QUOTE=Doctor Who]
I just want to tell everyone that my mother was the sneakiest at the tooth fairy. Definitely a subscriber to the “work smarter, not harder” theory of tooth fairying.
Here’s how things would typically go down: I would put my tooth under my pillow, tuck in for the night, and wake up excited. Literally every time, every single time, when I woke, up… THE TOOTH WAS STILL THERE! Perturbed, I would dash into my mother’s room and wake her up!
“The tooth fairy didn’t come! The tooth fairy didn’t come!”
“Really,” She would say calmly, “Let’s go take a look.”
Holding back tears, I would follow my mother into my bedroom. Where she would procede to look around and “inspect” things.
“Wait!” She would cry, “Here’s the dollar! The tooth is gone… The tooth fairy must have come while you came to wake me up!!!”
I would spend the rest of the day alternatively marvelling at how quickly and quietly the tooth fairy stole into our house, feeling slightly uneasy that such a creature had such ready-made access to my bedroom, and kicking myself for leaving the room and missing a chance to glimpse such an elusive fairy.
I don’t think I wisened up to my mom’s little switcharoo until I was 27.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that’s been the Tooth Fairy’s M.O. the past two or three times in my house. The last time, she even managed to scrawl a quick note of apology and slip it under Kizarvexilla’s pillow while the disappointed youngster was taking her morning bath.
Recently, I set up a jar in the kitchen where spare change is to be deposited for the “visit Mommy” fund. The other day I noticed a couple of dollar bills had found their way into the jar. Kizarvexilla, all smiles, announced that she had donated her gifts from the Tooth Fairy. I was deeply touched, as was Mommy when I told her about it.