I hate lingering colds!

I’ve had a cold for the past two weeks. Earlier this week, I thought I was ‘over the hump’ and gradually getting better. But this morning I woke up feeling overall crappy, with a stuffy nose that came back after a five-day hiatus.

What’s worse, I was taking Nyquil every night to help me get a full 8 hours of rest, then stopped because I thought I was getting better. My congestion got bad again, so the past 2 nights I haven’t slept properly :mad:

I am so with you on this. I’ve been sick for about 2 weeks myself. Even the lotion-y tissues hurt my nose now. It’s mostly just an annoying cough at this point though.

Is your congestion mainly in your head? If it’s mainly congested in your head you might want to get it checked out by a doctor. One of the girls I work with had a cold that wouldn’t go away and it ended up being a sinus infection.

I know, I know it sucks going to the doctor for “just a head cold”, but if you’re not better by Monday you might want to consider it. :slight_smile:

For future reference, try this - at the very first sign of a cold, try taking Airborne formula fizzy tablets. You can get them everywhere. I usually only have to take 2 doses and I’m good to go. It doesn’t work after you have a full-blown (ha) cold.
It is full of vitamins, Lysine, some herbal stuff - so ask your doctor if it’s OK first. My doctor never heard of it, big surprise there, but he said go ahead and try it. I’m talking very first inkling of a cold - a slight scratchy throat, a congested headache, sneezing. I think it was invented by a teacher. I can’t take decongestants due to high blood pressure, so a cold is misery for me. I love this Airborne stuff, it really works! (announcer’s voice fades)

I’ve seen it, and fellow teachers (I work as a substitute but schmooze with the various faculties I meet) have also advocated it. Of course, the thought didn’t come up until I had a full-blown cold, but I’m definitely getting a tube of it for the next cold.

I get sick infrequently, and the one thing that sucks about it is that I am much less likely to be on the ball about taking preventative measures. My girlfriend also suggested going to the doctor about it. If I’m not better by the end of this weekend, I’m scheduling an appointment.

Are you sure it’s not an allergy? Two weeks for an ordinary cold sounds like a lot.
Is it possible you’re allergic to autumn leaves or some such seasonal thing?

IANAD; YMMV, etc.

Yeah, I started getting a sore throat about a week ago. It peaked on Tuesday, when I woke up and couldn’t speak. Went to the doctor who did two throat swabs and gave me magic mouthwash (assuring me it wasn’t actually magic), and sent me on my way. I started to feel better, and thought I was totally over it yesterday. Today, I coughed funny and now I sound like I’m going through puberty.

I hate being sick.