I hate this fucking neighborhood - or I hope you drown in the whale pool, assholes!

I am so angry right now and there is not a damn thing I can do about it. I hate this neighborhood. I have managed to deal with the shitty things that have happened here, from getting our car windows shot and broken out, twice, our car stereo stolen, twice and our house almost broken into, once.
I have bore the barking or dogs late into the night, the hundreds of people who do not pick after their pets and leave their droppings for our children to find while playing in the park, I have tried my best to deal with drunken and stoned people roaming the area, screeching car tires and the sirens that I hear regularly, but this takes the cake.
On the weekend my in-laws brought over a blow up pool for our three-year-old daughter. It was a lovely thing, shaped like a big blue whale with a sprinkler blow hole for the hose. She played in it all afternoon Saturday, even though the water was really cold (fresh from the hose). She talked about it while we were out on Sunday and was still excited about it last night.
I am sure you can all see where I am going with this.
Some piss-infected cum-bubble of a human being stole it.
A big, blue whale blow up pool - obviously a child’s toy.
Now I get to look into my beautiful baby’s chocolate brown eyes and explain yet again that the “bad people” (this would be the same bad people that broke our windows and took the music from the car) took her new special toy.
Shit, this sucks.

Move

Hey, I would if I could afford to. Its not like I live here for the lovely scenery. We live here because we have to, for now.

Don’t worry, as soon as we can afford to we are outta here.

Where do you live?

In a bad-ish area of Winnipeg. I don’t live in the worst area here, but it’s getting there.

Hubby works with a single mother. She’d saved up all year to buy her daughter a bike for Christmas, and two days later, it was stolen from her front yard.

She lives in a neighborhood which is all employees. (It’s in the country, a cluster of about forty houses that are for employees and their families only.) It’s patrolled around the clock by security.

The little girl was devestated, of course. A day or so later, one of the neighborhood kids, the son of one of the employees, was spotted riding the bike around the neighborhood. (It was obviously hers-- it had the same pink streamers and stickers with which the girl had decorated it.)

Hearing this, Hubby ordered security to go from house to house and ask to be allowed to look in the garages. The only one who refused was the father of the culprit. Without proof, of course, nothing could be done. The boy never rode the bike in the neighborhood again, so as far as we know, it sits in the garage still, ill-gotten gains which does the thief no good, but by God, they’re not returning it.

Hubby was upset by this whole incident, and tried to take up a collection to buy the girl another bike, but few people seemed to care. Very little was donated. He talked to me about it, and I was so heartbroken over what had happened to that poor little girl that I agreed to his plan.

We told the mother that we had collected enough to buy the kid a new bike and Hubby took the child out to the store to buy another one. (Along with a padlock.) The little girl was thrilled. The mother wept when she was told that everyone had given money to replace the bike, and told the child, “See? Not all people are bad!” The child drew a thank you card for my Hubby for collecting the money, and it still hangs on my fridge.

It just burns me up about the thief and his dad. Not only did he know his kid stole the bike, but he protected the kid from the consequences. (No one was going to get the police involved-- all Hubby wanted him to do was return the bike.) What kind of lesson is that? Scumbag. I hope like hell that someday, he has something he loves stolen from him in such a blatant fashion and can’t do anything about it.

Why not? It seems to be the kid and his father were given an opportunity to do the right thing and didn’t. At that point, I would have had no problem involving the police. But then, I have no pity for thieves.

My kid got a 'coon skin cap from his dad (one of the few things his father ever gave him) and the paperboy stole it OFF HIS HEAD. He came home and told us, and we had to go three or four rounds with the Chicago Fucking Tribune to get this kid to give it back. I mean, how many 'coon skin caps do you think there ARE in the Chicago area? People make me sick sometimes.

I’m guessing because they live in a company town and don’t want to escalate the situation.

Something like that. At Hubby’s workplace, getting arrested can adversely affect your job. Secondly, there really wasn’t any evidence other than a witness who said he saw the kid riding an identical bike and the father refused to consent to a search. I don’t even know if the police would consider that enough evidence to act.

Plus, there are other forms of community justice which can take over. As I hear, the guy has been pretty much shunned around the workplace and neighborhood and is now talking about leaving.

Which part of Winnipeg?

I don’t live in the city, but I do work, and occasionally play, in Winnipeg. That is shitty.

Poysyn, check yer e-mail please.

Most of my wife’s relatives live in and near the Winnipeg area, and to me it always seemed to be a very nice city for half a million people. St. Boniface was always a nice place to visit, we were even allowed to park our RV in a broad greenway across the street from my wife’s aunt and uncle’s house for a couple of days. Even nicer out in the sticks, like St. Malo, Treherne, Notre Dame De Lourdes. I’m sorry to hear that things are getting like other urban areas. I’m curious as to where you live as well, Poysyn.

I live in Elmwood.

Not by choice, but because we have to right now.

Sucks.

**Ginger - ** I have emailed you back - twice - :slight_smile:

Well good then. :slight_smile: