I HATE YOU, you inconsiderate ass!

I swear to all things unholy, if I have to work another fucking day with you I’m going to one up Van Gogh and chop BOTH my ears off, so I don’t have to listen to your idiotic, brain-numbing “I did a search on Limewire for Stupid Crap No-one Else Listens to and then put it on my iPod” music ever again. We do not work in a 70s disco-dance club! I walk by you twenty-fucking-times a day and turn your music down, and you KEEP TURNING IT BACK UP. I asked the baldass manager to talk to you about this issue, and instead your 26 year-old, I want to be 17 again fucktard self brought a GOD DAMNED SUBWOOFER AND BIGGER SPEAKERS. Then when your couldn’t-be-on-time-to-save your spikey-haired ass came back from your HOUR AND A HALF LONG LUNCH BREAK (we get half an hour for lunch only!!) I was out on the custom counter WORKING and you came back and TURNED OFF MY CD, RIGHT AFTER I MANAGED TO GET MY BLOOD PRESSURE DOWN, TURNED ON YOUR FORKING iPOD, AND TURNED IT UP ABOUT TEN TIMES LOUDER THAN IT WAS WHEN YOU LEFT.

THEN when I asked you why you turned off my CD, you said “Oh… I thought you were at lunch! You turned my iPod off while I was at lunch. Don’t take everything so personally!” ARE YOU THAT FUCKING CLUELESS, YOU PUNY-ASSED, ALREADY BALDING, 18-YEAR OLD DATING, ALWAYS LEAVING EARLY PATHETIC LOSER? YOU SAW ME WORKING WHEN YOU WALKED BACK IN FROM YOUR LEISURELY BREAK. AND JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE BACK DOESN’T MEAN WE HAVE TO LISTEN TO YOUR* MUSIC!!!

YOUR MUSIC GIVES ME A HEADACHE! I CANNOT CONCENTRATE! I CAN GET NOTHING DONE! And it’s a god-damned-forkity-forking problem when I CAN’T WORK because you are so FUCKING SLOW doing anything you might as well NOT BE HERE. AND I WISH YOU WEREN’T!!

AND QUIT TAKING PERSONAL CALLS FROM EVERYONE YOU KNOW ON YOUR CELL PHONE WHILE YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO BE WORKING. I DO NOT WANT TO LISTEN TO YOUR INANE PHONE CONVERSATIONS WHILE YOU TRY TO TALK OVER THE MUSIC I ALREADY TURNED DOWN AND YOU TURNED BACK UP.

ARGH!!!

I had to leave work early TODAY because I got so worked up I thought I would vomit, and YOU give me this look like “Where do you think you’re going?” GO TO FUCKING HELL, YOU OBLIVIOUS TURD!!!

Man… you can’t pay money for therapy like that.

Mom??

um…in an attempt to cheer you up (i hope) i think you are an amazing artist…what are you doing working…let’s start an art colony where we don’t work…i took a whole year off last year to work on my art, and got bogged down in other stuff, and now i am stuck in an akward work situation too…

anyway, what i am trying to say is…you are an amazing artist, don’t let punks and burnouts get you down.

Giraffe and jinwicked, that was fookin’ hilarious.

Tibs.

Well, your capitalization skills certainly are excellent.

Thanks.

I work in a custom frame shop. There’s only two of us that work in the shop, me and that other guy… so we get stuck together practically alone for like eight hours a day several days a week. I have been putting up with this since last October.

I’m suprised I’ve lasted this long.

The only reason I still work there is because I can’t afford to lose my health insurance and I get a sweet deal on framing my own work. :frowning:

You would be amazed how fragile mp3 players can be if dropped (or hurled.)

I don’t think that would help. He works at CompUSA, too. He’d probably just steal another one.

Suck ass.

Twice I’ve had coworkers tweak out at me. The first one was almost two years ago; he got fired within the week.

The second one was yesterday. Today he was in the manager’s office with the door closed, and the prognosis isn’t good.

It seems that the Curse of Crossing Daniel is intact :).

Daniel

Oh. My. God. I worked in custom frame shop for almost a year and I PITY YOU!! Jeez, what a crap job, especially if you have an art studio/history degree and are sensitive to the CRAP people bring in and want you to put a pink mat and gold frame on. ARGH! If I ever see another needlepoint Psalm verse or cheap Egyptian tourist papyrus “that is really rare” I’ll snuff it.
Sorry, should’a had therapy for this a while ago, I expect.
5/8s? What kind of fucking measurement is 5/8 inch? BASTARDS!

I don’t have a problem with the stuff people bring in. I have problems with the other people that work there.

You deserve indignity. You don’t like Star Wars. :wink:

Ah. Music wars in the workplace. Nothing more annoying.

I am not understanding - do you take turns playing your music, do you have portable “walkman” devices, or what? I always thought the iPod was a “personal” device, not something that should be shared.

I used to work at a photo lab, where the artists (I was a retoucher) usually were allowed to listen to Walkmen. It was the only way we could keep our sanity, with the tedious work we did. (Retouching 20 of the same print of a highschool kid will do that to you. And there were many other tedious tasks. Don’t get me started.) We were happy with our walkmans in the Art Dept. We’d bring in books on tape, and trade books. We’d listen to TV audio, or talk radio, or our CDs. And we got our work done. But then, the Big Boss (Big Asshole Boss) decided that it didn’t “look good” to have the art dept. listening to radios. He didn’t think we got our work done. But we got our work done - the radios helped us concentrate. But oh no. It “didn’t look good”, and he was the boss, so he was in control. So no more radios. We had to listen to the SUCKY-ASS top 40 radio station that played the same crap every 3 hours. (Oh, how I hate mainstream radio.)

I bought a mini-radio from Radio Shack (it’s about the size of a matchbox) and brought it to work. Others did too. Eventually we were “allowed” to bring our radios back to work.

Sorry, your rant brought it all back. You have my sincerest sympathies. Nothing is worse than being forced to listen to music you detest at the workplace. That’s why they created walkmans, dammit!

You know, I could agree with your rant, but I’m starting to take it personally…

I mean, us bald guys got a few redeeming qualities, right?
:smiley:

oh god - an innocent little ipod is being polluted by a wanker - feeling sick to stomach - hideous abuse of flawless mac technology…

Ugh. Nothing worse (ok that is obviously wrong, but hey) than having to listen to music you hate when you are trying to get things done.

To relate another music-at-work story:
When I worked as a dancer (fortunately I didn’t have to concentrate on anything) I got to choose the song I danced to on the main stage, then I had to dance to whatever the girl after me picked for the second stage. All too often this meant that I was on the second stage, dressed in black velvet, thigh high stockings, opera length gloves, etc… trying my damndest to be “sexy” to “Achy Breaky Heart” or something. AAAAHHH!!!

Wow… your Walkmans picked up television frequencies? I so much would have liked such a device back when I was delivering newspapers every day. Where do you get such a device?

Check the box for mention of something like “TV bands”. This is how my husband’s workplace found out about the hijackings and crashes on Sept. 11; a couple of people had radios with TV bands, including my husband, and after the second crash in NY, the radios were all tuned into the same channel and turned up so people could hear what was going on.

Gaahhhhhhhhhh… music. Our “creative” department live in the nice room downstairs, while we programming-type peons toil in the attic above. You can tell they are creative, because they have artfully dyed hair, artfully ripped jeans, and they play club music all day long, far too bloody loud. The bass line is going “doing-DOING-doing-doing” at me even as I typo. (Sic.)

I think they have a sub-woofer aimed directly at my feet. Today, I am doing grunt work on a Europe-wide website, I am trying to juggle English, French and Dutch text in my head (and I don’t even speak Dutch), and all the time this thing is blatting its bowel-disrupting frequencies at me… Hello, co-workers! I do not do my best work when my shoes are vibrating! I SAID, HELLO, CO-WORKERS… awww, what’s the use?