[QUOTE=EJsGirl]
Dr. Paul (his story is in the book) talked about his AA/Alanon marriage and told folks bluntly that young people today just didn’t have what it takes to be married 40+ years. For starters, you have to be really old! Same could be said for long-term sobriety.
[/QUOTE]
IIRC, Paul did say the same thing about being an old-timer. I had the privilege of going to a number of meetings with him over the period of a decade.
Where was this, QtM? They lived just down the road from me for years! I saw him speak often at the Hoag Hut meeting and at the Canyon Club in Laguna Beach.
I miss Max, too. Damn, she rocked! I have a boxed set of tapes, one is Paul giving his AA pitch and the other is Max giving “a twisted version of Paul’s story!”
[QUOTE=EJsGirl]
Where was this, QtM? They lived just down the road from me for years! I saw him speak often at the Hoag Hut meeting and at the Canyon Club in Laguna Beach.
I miss Max, too. Damn, she rocked! I have a boxed set of tapes, one is Paul giving his AA pitch and the other is Max giving “a twisted version of Paul’s story!”
[/QUOTE]
Every year Paul and Max went to the same AA conference that the Mrs. and I go to. They’d been going for ages, we began in 1987. This particular conference is geared towards medical professionals and their families in recovery.