19 years ago today...

I got sober. You all are safer and happier for it, trust me. :cool:

6,940 days, in a row…

Congratulations! I appreciate your concern for our safety and happiness, and I’m glad you’re safe and happy, too!

Way to go, Moirai! That’s awesome.

Hey, were you my drinking buddy or what? I had my 19 year anniversary recently, too.

Congratulations!

That is awesome. Congrats! 20 years is just around the corner! :slight_smile:

Champagne for everyone! No, wait…

Good work! Keep on kicking ass.

Congratulations! I’m sure you’ve had many little battles with yourself along the way. Keep it up. You’re worth it!!! :smiley:

1 more year and you’re an old-timer!

ODAAT!

QtM (7197 days here)

I’ll drink to that! Oops.:smack:

Seriously, though, that is fantastic. I’ll drink a Virgin Screwdriver in your honor.

That’s fantastic! My hats off to all of you who have posted from the 19+ years of sobriety gang. :slight_smile:

Still a newbie? You’ll get the hang of it eventually.

Seriously – congratulations!

twicks, who sucks at math, so will say 24 years, 2 months, and 12 days.

Congratulations! Anyone with a habit or a serious problem they are trying to kick understands how hard it is, and seeing that it can be done is a taste of hope.

Congrats, Moirai. You did a Good Thing, not just for yourself, but for the rest of us Californian motorists.

Will ask here first, but if is felt a new thread should be started…

It seems that “keeping count of the days” is a big part of staying sober. Is IT?

Even after 20 years can still remember the day so well, and still keep track of how many days so well?

Wooh! Well done you!

Taking one day at a time, my mum will celebrate her 16th next month.

Yes and no. The emphasis is on ‘taking it one day at a time’. But it is important to celebrate milestones. Early on, staying sober for a week is a big deal, and a month is a real accomplishment. After a while, most folks on the program just keep track of each passing year, and often get a medallion for that year, if they choose.

But sometimes we drag out the online day calculator and figure out just how many ‘24 hours’ it’s been since our last drink.

And getting to 20 years is sort of a milestone too, as informally, one becomes an ‘old-timer’ in AA at that point.

Just my 2 cents on the topic, anyway.

I guess it must be kinda like
“look how far I’ve come, I’m not taking a step back”?

Congratulations! :slight_smile:

As the Apple store loves to tell you, there’s an app for it. Seriously. I downloaded a 12-step app and it has a sobriety calculator in it with days, months, weeks, minutes… it’s awesome!