I have cancer, [RIP, Updated Title]

Two and a half weeks ago I was diagnosed with GBM and and might be screwed. This is just a short post to say what’s up. I’ve always been a reader and less of a poster because the amount of info I can garner from reading has always been greater than what I can contribute, unless you’re really interested in carrier ops and aerodynamics. I’ll see you all around and follow as well as I can. Youse all are good eggs.

Sorry to hear this, obviously.

Take care MM.

:mad:

Fuck cancer.

Sorry, MonkeyMensch.

Sorry to hear.

Man, that’s terrible. Hopefully there’s a procedure of some kind that can give you hope. Please keep us posted.

Best wishes.

I’m really sorry. I hope you get to do lots of things you’ve always wanted to do before the end.

No words. :(.

I am sorry to hear this. Please come back and share more.

There is a community of cancer survivors and also those who have family members with cancer on the Board. In addition to the sounding board the rest of us are more than glad to provide, you will find valuable information here. Ask questions, vent, share. We’re here.

I am.

Neither here. :frowning:

I’m very sorry to hear this, MonkeyMensch.

Are they going to operate? Are you suffering from a lot of symptoms at the moment?

My knowledge of GBM is restricted largely to the TV show ER, where one of the main characters was diagnosed with it. I hope, at the very least, that you exceed the typical survival rates, and that you remain comfortable as long as possible.

If you feel up to it, let us know how you’re doing.

I recognize your name, MonkeyMensch!

So sorry to hear you are going through this. Hopefully not alone. There are so many cancer patients, cancer survivors, and loved ones of cancer patients (and cancer victims) on the board that you can really get some great info and support if you want it here.

My best wishes to you, I hope everything goes as well as possible. My thoughts are with you in this trying time :frowning:

Seconded

This part, too.

I’m scum and will die soon. tough shit, me.

I am very sorry to hear this. I think highly of you.

Have you had second or third opinions on all of the above? I’m pretty sure at least one or two aren’t true. What kind of treatment are you receiving? It’s ok if you just want to vent, but I’d guess at least one person on this board has experience with GBM and might be able to give you some advice.

Sorry to hear that MM.

**MonkeyMensch **–keep posting.

MonkeyMensch I see you are in Encinitas. Is there anything I can help you with as I am so close by?

So sorry to hear this. Please stay in touch.