I have cancer, [RIP, Updated Title]

I have nothing to offer but sympathy, but I have plenty of that. Other than my sons and grandchildren, I have lost every other member of my family to cancer. All of them died much too young.

I hope you have family and friends close by to help you. Let them help. It will mean as much to them as to you.

I will be praying for you and yours.

MonkeyMensch - I’m sorry for your news. I hope treatment can give you the best, longest time possible. And look at Maggie the Ocelot - Don’t count yourself out too early.

StG

Sorry to hear that.

Very sorry to hear this; best wishes to you and family.

Oh man, MonkeyMensch, I am so sorry.

Sorry to hear this. But could someone fight my ignorance and tell me what GBM is? Obviously it’s cancer but what type?

ETA: nm, I googled it.

It’s a type of brain tumor. Very bad.

As one scum to another - I’m glad you are still around.

Sorry to hear that. I recognize your name too.

I take issue with the “scum” part. You ain’t scum. You’re a good egg, too. Just know you’ve got lots of people here who like you and care about you.

Shit, I am so sorry.

Remember the story about the Canadian band “The Tragically Hip” and singer Gord Downie?
Same diagnosis.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Well, fuck.

:frowning:

I’m sorry. man.

Fuck cancer.

I’m sorry to hear your news.

I don’t know you well, but this sounds like s story. Why not tell it here…?

Dang. That’s one of the really tough ones. Sorry this is happening to you MonkeyMensch.

I am really sorry to hear about this.

Hi, MM.

Sorry to hear about this, I don’t want to imagine what you must be feeling. I wish the best of luck to you, and you never know, you may be that one person who lucks out with it.

In the meantime, I looked up some promising research about something that can stop the cancer from growing, provided they can slow or stop it temporarily, the first time.

https://news.northwestern.edu/stories/2015/04/cancer-genes-turned-off-in-deadly-brain-cancer

The article is from a couple years ago, so maybe there have been some improvements on it, its worth taking a look into, maybe calling the University Hospital and seeing if they will see you or something.

Take care, best of luck!

That’s a tough break, I’m very sorry. I hope your doctors are kind and talented and give you the best possible care and treatment.

I’m sorry.