I have cancer, [RIP, Updated Title]

What Sunny Daze said.

Damn, sorry to hear it. Best of luck, good vibes, hugs and whatever else I can think of to throw at ya. Fer cripes sakes, don’t give up! The power of positive thinking may be hippy droppings but fighting for yourself is never the wrong choice. Take good care of yourself.

Well damn.

I admire your pragmatism about what must be a heavy blow.

I am very sorry to hear this. :frowning:

Dammit! I’m so sorry, MM.

I remember when you were scum a few times. Because you forgot one area: Those who played Mafia with you. You were one who played in a few games and were scum at least once that I know of…
…but in this, the game of life, you are not scum. You are a great human being and you matter and I’m so sorry you’re going though all of this. It sucks. You don’t deserve it. Nobody does. I’m so sorry it’s happening to you. I can still hold out hope that you can beat it, though…and that’s what I’ll be doing. I also wish all the best for you and that whatever happens, it passes quick and is painless and restful and easy.

Best class session I ever had in college was that one the teacher of Transfer of Matter and Energy dedicated to “how planes fly. Oh, and helicopters! We’ll talk helicopters too, both types!”

:slight_smile:

I still think he went into fluid dynamics specifically so he could study airplanes. And helicopters, don’t forget the helicopters.

All we can provide from here is entertainment, but if there’s anything else you can think of, let us know.

I am sorry MonkeyMensch.

Add me to the list interested in CarrierOps

Cancer sucks, I am praying for you, your well being, your healing, your treatment, your piece of mind, you being embraced by love during this tough time.

Even though I don’t post here much anymore, I remember you. I am so sorry to hear that you received this awful news. Please don’t just lurk. Please keep posting and tell us what is going on. All of us are rooting for you and want to know how you are.

Just like to add that although you consider yourself a lurker, I’ve seen enough of you around here to instantly recognize your name. Also posters who have a deep but narrow field of expertise can be the most interesting when they get a chance to talk on their preferred topic.

This. And I’m so sorry. I wish you peace.

Really sorry to hear that - I hope things take a turn for the better and you can overcome it.

I’m so sorry to hear that. Also, I don’t know you, but I think there are only a handful of truly scummy people in this world. Statistically speaking, you’re probably not scum. Also, even scummy people don’t deserve cancer. This sucks. I am going to piggyback on, brachyrhynchos and wish you peace.

Sending good thoughts your way. I hope you beat it.

I wish** Monkey** would come back.

That last line was right out of a Disney movie.

Sorry to hear this, MM. We’re always around.

If it might help, I just wanted to mention that there is some evidence to support the possibility that anti-viral medication may be helpful to glioblastoma patients. Below is a link to an article that you may find it worth asking your doctor about (though I will warn you that this article talks about survival time, as some people may prefer not to think about the statistics on that. Just remember that your story is your own and no statistics can truly predict how YOU will do).

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc1302145

Reported.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Me too, and I’ve always had a good impression of you.

MM, I hope you’ll find the strength to fight this thing and win. New medical miracles are being discovered every day, and someday soon someone is going to blaze a trail with this disease. Let’s have it be you.

Wishing you the best.