I have to shave my cats butt. eek.

It is easy to make a cat crawl. Put a strip of masking tape along it’s back.

Ok, if you put a sock on the cat’s head and something on its back, can you make it low-walk backwards? I’m not suggesting everyone go out and do this, only that they should post pictures if they do.

After 18 years of feline bliss, I finally had to take our mutt cat in for grooming. Due to her age and general thinness of kitty skin, my doing it was not an option. I went to the groomer attached to the vet clinic. It was a bit of a pain to get her in there though - she had to be up to date on rabies shots. She wasn’t and her vet was reluctant to give her the shot due to age and health problems. She ended up getting the shot anyways and did just fine.

It did remove some of the guilt, handing her off to someone else. They bathed her, shaved her tummy/hind legs, clipped her nails, cleaned her ears all for $50.

Stinker that she is though, kept removing the filter from the dryer in her kennel. So I had to pick her up early. She was just fine throughout the whole ordeal, but still had to get her point across. I felt like I was picking up a bratty toddler who pulled little Susie’s pigtails.

And FWIW, socks on a cats’ head does make them walk backwards.
Baby booties or aluminum wrapped around their paws makes them dance.
Together is a friggin hoot.

Not that I would do that or anything.

Scotch or masking tape is quicker, but you have to have all 4 pieces ready to go and move fast while they’re laying down asleep.

Best wishes to you on the shaving. May you heal quickly.

Think Micheal Jackson.

Oh, not that I would do that or anything. :wink:

I used to try to brush tangles gently off the rear sides of my semi-long hair. He’d nip at me a bit & it would become a game for him. In hind-sight, I wish I’d used a trimmer. It sounds so easy, though, I’d be worried I’d stop there and not attempt any touch-ups elsewhere.

"Well, all the trimmer is already out and set up. Hmmmm. Mohawk…? "

I have scheduled an appointment to have my pussy groomed.

Of course you have to share your cat’s butt. You can’t keep all that wonderful cat-buttness all to yourself. I have to share my cat’s butt; my aunt Zelda has to share her cat’s butt; it’s practically the 11th commandment: “thou shalt share thy cat’s butt.” What’s the big deal?

What? Shave? That’s very very different.

Never mind.

Your maine one will enjoy all the extra attention. Plus, maybe this will keep it from horking up fur balls in front of all the neighbors.

She doesn’t hork up fur balls at all ( so far. She just turned a year.) but she does puke every so often and it looks like a turd, but it isn’t a turd because I’ve seen it comeout of her mouth looking like a turd. I used turd three times in a sentance!

Why does this happen?

Because turds are like poltergeists.

They always come in threes.
:stuck_out_tongue:

Nobody’s saidd this yet, so maybe it’s assumed. But I’ll state it for the record: You are exempt from the kitty pics rule.

At least until you’re done playing shave-ass.

The number three is Evil. And because it takes three Horks to get a Splat.

Hork…!
Hork…!
Hork…!

(Turd-splat)

My late cat was a purebred Maine Coone. The most lovable cat I’ve ever had, but couldn’t stand getting groomed. He would literally growl at me during the procedure. I finally got tired of torturing both of us and took him to a groomer. Best decision ever. I don’t know what happened at the groomer, but by the time I got him back he was all pretty and happy. No more growling.

I found out today that the place I work will shave cats. Apparently one of our no-shows was a guy bringing in two dogs and two cats. “Cats?” I asked. “We do cats?” Yep! Egad.

Don’t get me wrong. I love cats. But if I get handed a cat to shave, I better get handed good knockout drugs for said cat to keep it from killing me midshave. I’ve never known one that I would think would put up with it!

Oh. I see now that cats do not work the way I thought they did. I just assumed cats allowed themselves to be bathed, toweled, lightly manhandled, carried under the arm like a bagpipe and shaved/trimmed/taped with no more than an occasional “…maouw… mow” or growl. Thank heavens I have unusually tolerant cats. Very clean tolerant cats.

I’m going to go house-sitting for 2 weeks, my parent’s place, to watch the cat.

This thread makes me want to do evil things.

I’m sorry to tell you that what you have are actually stuffed animals, or perhaps cushions from the couch.

For OG’s sake, do not use an electric razor!! :eek:

If you do one of the following events shall occur–
[ol]
[li]The Cat will make the Jump To Lightspeed™[/li][li]The Cat will remove all the flesh from your fingers[/li][li]Hi Opal! Willing to help with a little light pet grooming?[/li][li]The Cat will remove all the flesh from your fingers, and the Cat will make the Jump To Lightspeed™ immediately thereafter.[/li][/ol]