I have wine

Given to me as a tip from a customer. 3 bottles of it🥳

One bottle, a Presto label, is a prosecco brut.

Searching for how this wine should be consumed, I find that cheese and crackers are acceptable, but prosecco is usually served as an aperitif, it would seem.

So would it be the same cheese and crackers you would serve with any other drier non sparkling white wine, or do the bubbles change something that maybe makes one cheese preferable over another?

Tell me your experiences and ideas for this wine.

Oh, and before anyone asks, the other bottles of wine are a 2017 Torresella pinot grigio doc venezia and a 2017 napa valley sauvignon blanc from Emmolo

Prosecco-food pairing guide

Nuts & Cheeses

• Cashews
  • Almonds
  • Macadamia nuts
  • Hazelnuts
  • Parmesan
  • Mozzarella
  • Gorgonzola
  • Ricotta
  • Goat cheese
  • Emmentaler

Where did you find that? Or is it based on experience? All I could find was the cut and paste glurg about the history of the wine and a little bit about it being served as a before dinner drink?

Prosecco is a lovely, light, fruity, lightly sweet bubbly wine. Enjoy it with any cheese you really like. I prefer it with the cheeses that are less heavy in taste, so not a super-aged cheddar, for example. I’d personally have it with goat cheese, because that’s my favorite this month. It goes great with fruits, especially pears and apples.

https://lundsandbyerlys.com

Googled Prosecco-food pairings, this site was offered, although there were several. This is a importer of Italian gourmet cheeses, Prosecco is Italian wine, I took a chance they would know what cheeses went with an Italian aperitif wine.

It was mentioned to pair Prosecco with savory and slightly salty cheeses and meats such as prosciutto, FWIW.

Serving it with dates stuffed with goat cheese wrapped with prosciutto was specifically mentioned in one of the other sites. My daughter has served that recently at a couples supper club and it was well received. I got some leftovers-they were delicious. Nice thing is it is so easy, no cooking, plate it and garnish.

Sadly, I didn’t get any wine leftovers. 5 power couples don’t tend to leave wine leftovers.

Thanks for the tip and the link BBBoo, just took a quick look and it seems like a site I will find useful

(wine-food pairing 🤦 duh, shoulda thought of that)

Pizza.
Nice, cheesy, greasy pizza.

I was once told that sparkling wine is perfect with heavy, fatty food - the person who gave me this advice used foie gras as the historical example. Supposedly the bubbles cut through the fat and everything tastes better.

From my own personal experiments since then, it seems to be true. Or at least not false.

Prosecco goes well with thai/vietnamese and other oriental foods. It also goes well with hot tubs and glugging it just for the hell of it.

So, what I’m getting from all of this so far, is that prosecco goes good (at least) with just about anything, when or where.
:champagne::clinking_glasses::wine_glass::dancing_women:🤹:clown_face::partying_face:Sounds like a good time will be had by me then next weekend​:partying_face::clown_face:🤹:dancing_women::wine_glass::wine_glass::champagne: