I haven't killed a thread all month

There’s actually a term for people like you. It’s molosters, which means MOst Last pOSTERS. That’s you (and you, and you) and now you have a title. YAY!

There have been a few Thread Killer “contest” threads.

Examples:
Thread Killers
The Straight Doper’s Survivor
Who is the most stubbern person here???

There was a huge thread (started by Jester, iirc) but I can’t find it now. :frowning: Oh well. The point is that I am obviously the Most Likely to Kill a Thread here. Sorry guys, that’s just way it is. I don’t make the rules.

OK, Silver Fire, I concede. You win.

I for one think that’s very gracious of you, Ponder Stibbons, and I’m sure Silver Fire agrees; so much so that he doesn’t even need to respond, I should think.

. . . now that we’ve settled that, let’s all go back to our regular lives. Nothing to see here, folks! Move along! Move along!

She, actually.

My apologies.

Eh, that sort of thing happens all the time on the Dope. :wink:

I’m not wearing pants.

Boy! Talk about a thread killer! :wink:

Eh, it’s okay. It’s not the first time it’s happened or anything.

What have I done? I’ve created a monster! This was not my intent!

So there I was, with a Rolex up my ass, when she comes back in and wants to know how far apart her dog’s contractions are. Luckily, I’m elbow-deep in the dog trying to get the puppies out, so I’ve got an excuse not to tell her the time, but she saw right through it. Something about the gorgeous brunette nymphomaniac triplets just doesn’t say “Veteranarian’s Assistants”.

And when it was all over, their “uncle” (the tall one, who promised to waive the fee if we’d tie him into the wheelchair and feed him a gallon of maple syrup while he watched) had the nerve to send me a bill, and charge me for the mustard!

You think that a thread with only one page (and it isn’t even full!) is a “monster”?!

Did you not click any of my links???

:sneaks up on thread with machete:

I’m gonna get you sucka!

YAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

bloom, mayhem, thread everywhere.

Pardon.

:sneaks off to stalk another thread:

Man, this thread has been resurrected more times than Jason.

But not enough times yet.

You want pathetic? The last 3 threads I started all died without a single response. I killed my own threads. Seeing my username in the last post by column is a sure way to watch a thread sink slowly into the West.

Yeah, no doubt! I hate that! I even had a serious question…it was still a dead thread. I posted 70% of the posts. It sucked.

Oh, and by the way…anybody that posts after this had a father who smelled of elderberries and a mother who spent most of her time up against walls with sailors. :smiley:

No, you’ve got that backwards. We’re trying the “Tomato Sauce Removes Elderberry Stench” on Mother at this very moment.

Will report back on results :wink:

Dude, I’ve only been here a couple of weeks, and I can already kill a thread just by starting it.

What if the thread seems dead, and then, years from now, someone posts? Does the old thread almost-killer get some credit?