I just ate rotten carrots!

Just moments ago! Already I can feel my stomach turning in rebellion? Is there anything that I can do before serious pain come in? Should I make myself vomit, or just go with the flow? How long will I stay sick? I need help fast!

Details, we need details. Rotten how? Leftover cooked carrots that sat in the fridge too long? Raw carrots that you just now hauled out of the frozen garden? Thawed frozen Green Giant carrots that sat on the kitchen counter all afternoon? What?

Reeking rotten? Or just sort of “off”?

If you’re really afraid of food poisoning, go down to the emergency room. You should know we can’t give you really serious medical advice here.

Congratulations, even sven! You now have something in common with Scarlett O’Hara (or was it a rotten turnip she ate?)!

IANAD, but I’d say that if you didn’t hurl immediately after eating them, the worst-case scenario is that you get a case of the Hershey Squirts in about, oh, by the time I finish typing this :p.

Best of luck.

It’s been about five minutes now, no hurling yet!

Well they were in the fridge for a while, but my SO claimed they were still good. Most of them were good and yummy, but one of them was kind of rubbery, but it was eaten by the time I noticed. I instantly felt kind of sick to my stomach, but not nasious. I am getting little chills, and I dont know if those are icky carrot related or not. I also have a little bit of a metallic taste in my mouth.

Any help is appreciated!

Okay, two points.

1. Here is only one of many, many websites dealing with food poisoning.
    Breast Reduction Surgery

So you ate the carrots, when, about 5 minutes ago?

1. Here is a link to http://www.m-w.com/

I want you to go look up the word “psychosomatic”. That’s “P-S-Y-C-H-O-S-O-M-A-T-I-C”. If you look it up yourself, you’ll remember it better next time.

Have a nice evening. :smiley:

Oh, and P.S.

If you do start serious vomiting and diarrhea, for heaven’s sake go to the hospital.

But mainly I detect an interesting little exercise in inter-personal relations.

S.O.: “Those carrots are still okay.”
You: “No, they aren’t.”
S.O.: “Yes, they are.”
You: “No, they aren’t.”
S.O.: “Don’t you trust me? Do you think I don’t know bad carrots from good carrots?”
You: < mind goes blank >
S.O.: “Eat the carrots.”
You: < eat carrots >

…and, of course, if one piece of carrot in the dish or pot or whatever really had been spoiled enough to give you food poisoning, then the whole dish or pot or whatever would have been equally rotten. Did the S.O. eat any carrots? Is she feeling sick, too?

Normally, cooked vegetables that have been in the fridge for a while are usually OK to eat up until the point that they actually smell bad (and you would have noticed this long before you ingested the one suspicious carrot coin), or until it actually has green stuff growing on it, especially something fat-free and carbohydrate-free like cooked vegetables. What spoils fastest is stuff like deviled eggs and potato salad with mayonnaise and casseroles with cream of mushroom soup, not just a Tupperware of plain cooked carrots. Were they in cream sauce?

Dude, you didn’t know it was rubbery until after you ate it? Do you have retroactive taste buds or something?

–Tim