I just discovered "The Kingsman" and boy, what fun movies!!

Luckily they’re also planning a third in the present-day setting. Hopefully they retcon Roxy’s death like they did with Harry. She was too good a character to get written out as badly as they did.

Indeed. The big fight in the church in the first movie should be used as an example in film school, of how to film a big, chaotic fight without actually losing track of what is happening on screen. Incredibly well done.

I have limited time for movies, so I rely on like-minded reviewers to help screen for ones I really do want to see.

I liked the first one enough to see the second one. I do not think I will see another.

Did you watch the video where Eggsy meets a proper secret agent? #TBT to That Time Archer Met Kingsman - YouTube

Gah! Spoiler boxes you soulless monster!

I’m usually pretty good at suspending disbelief so I can enjoy a movie. It was hard for the second one. But yeah, once you grok these are supposed to be over the top they really are fun. And Elton was fantastic.

Yeah, the use of slow motion in the fight scenes should be used to whip Zack Snyder into learning how it’s done.

Really, that DC hired Zack Snyder to bring their movie universe online and not Matthew Vaughn is just a silly, silly thing. Snyder is - let’s give him his props - a great cinematographer but Vaughn knows how to tell a great story AND make a great comic book movie. He gets comics in a way that Snyder never will.

Kingmsan
Kingsman 2: The Golden Circle
Kick-Ass
X-Men: First Class

Also things like how he moves the camera, often moving it along with the main character as they move. So, the background is often chaotic, giving the “Shakey cam” feel that’s taken over so many action movies the last decade or two, but you can still see what the main character is doing. It’s not all just a blur.

While that scene was choreographed very well, it was also the scene which made me really dislike the film. Presumably you’re supposed to give it a free pass because the hero is under the influence, and the victims despicable bigots, but I found the while thing sadistic and sickening (I felt the same about bits of Kick Ass, and the end of Inglorious Bastards (sp)).

And, in fact, is Elton John in the upcoming biopic Rocketman

I’d argue that this is how you’re supposed to feel about that scene. The Big Bad is trying to make out like he’s some great philanthropist, just trying to save the world and all, who literally gets sick at the sight of blood, but in actual fact, what he’s planning is one of the most monstrously evil things ever done in history. Not only will billions perish in awful ways, but those who survive will be left with the memories of what they did to their own family and friends.

And Harry Hart - who did the violence in the church - is clearly shaken at his loss of control.

This is in contrast to the ass-whoopin’ he gave the minor league hoods in the pub earlier. That was controlled violence to teach them a lesson - note he was willing to walk away and let Eggsy take his lumps until they personally insulted him - but without actually killing any of them.

The violence in the church was just a slaughter. Children vs an adult.

Count me in as saying the first one was fun and enjoyable. The second one was just SOOOO stupid. It was a complete mess.

The first one came off as a parody of the James Bond genre. The second one came off as a parody of the first one.

Too juvenile to take seriously, and too vulgar to enjoy with young teens.

I am quite certain it’s inspired by the UK Avengers series. Too many similarities not to be.

Although I was disappointed with how John Wick boarded a PATH train in the Oculus and fought in it all the way to Canal Street.

I liked the last scene when Eggy gets the girl in the butt.